UK gambler suing a bookmaker for ?2 million

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
There is a geezer here in UK locking horns with a nationally known bookie who has got into difficulties and is suing the bookies for allowing him to continue betting with them when he asked to be excluded in a hope of stopping his gambling habit. Not just a few quid flutter on the horses or footy games......he once bet nearly ?300k as a single bet on America to win the Ryder Cup...which was won by Europe. Dunno where he was working at the time of gambling but he said on a tv interview he was earning ?30 k a MONTH:eek:!!

It could be a test case with massive ramifications for Bookmakers in the future.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Haha, it's ridiculous when people can't face the consequences of their own actions. The natural path now is to just sue whoever, it's absolutely ridiculous.

sd92

International Coach
William Hill have plenty of power, and I don't see them losing this case. I know a thing or two about the gambling world, and if they lose this, they are idiots.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Haha, it's ridiculous when people can't face the consequences of their own actions. The natural path now is to just sue whoever, it's absolutely ridiculous.

If ruled the world, I'd ban these stupid bitches from betting..

Users who are viewing this thread