Unreal Tournament 99/2004/2007-Anyone played or playing?

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello everybody. As all of you will know that two new Cricket games have already come out. So most of the community will be focussed on playing, testing them out and hoping to compete for records and best patches. One key element has been missing and the most degrading factor is multiplayer capability over internet. I believe that would be the true test of how good a game can be and most important who are the best and elite players in PC Cricket games.
Though I hold all the records in Cricket 2004 still I havn't got much interest in PC cricket games. These days I am playing Unreal Tournament 2004 and can't wait for UT2007 which will be built on Unreal Engine 3.0. If some of you don't know, its a first person shooter multiplayer game(also single player) and a game that has brilliant graphics complemented by unprecedented gameplay.(something which cricket games miss). And that's what interests me. Believe me this game is even better than just released Battlefield2. Check the screenshot to see how the next in line UT2007 is going to look like.
I would like your thoughts on the UT2004/2007 and if you are playing it online than maybe we can meet online, so state your ingame name and probably which server u are playin on. I am usually playing on Ihug Demo Server(Australian server) and My ingame name is "Gundvi_Pistol". U can easily find me online on Sat/Sunday.

Cheers

Attachments

• gwcom1.jpg
    gwcom1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 27
  • up2.jpg
    up2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Well I had Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament G.O.T.Y and UT 2003. When I was really into the games UT 2003 wouldn't run on my old pc, so I shelved it and lost disc 1... But I thought that they were really great games, and from those screen shots the new version looks promising, although they could be renders..

siddharth2002

Maxkarter said:
Well I had Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament G.O.T.Y and UT 2003. When I was really into the games UT 2003 wouldn't run on my old pc, so I shelved it and lost disc 1... But I thought that they were really great games, and from those screen shots the new version looks promising, although they could be renders..

Good one. Yeah even my Pc is quite old now. Just manages to play UT2004.
Ut2004 is really good, especially the Onslaught mode.
The pics are not renders because I have seen a real game play demonstration with change in camera angles and it looks very artistic and classy.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Finally got the game, it really keeps you interested. I'm only on experienced level and I'm having problems in the Team qualification. I finally beat the 4 on 4 team deathmatch but it took quite a few goes. I just kept getting teams up and dieing cause usually I just rush which is asking for trouble in this mode.

I found how to use the 100 stamina boy that would have come in handy a few days ago!

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
I played a lot of the original UT back in the day and also UT2004. Both are fantastic games. :)

What I think set them apart - aside from having fantastic gameplay - was the fact that there were so many options to customise the type of game you could play.

My friends and I came up with a unique type of game which really suited our tastes (not necessarily everyone elses). We would play with Low Gravity, Shock Rifles with that zoom function, and InstaGib. Basically it was a "one shot and you're dead" type of game. Having the low gravity setting meant that you could pull off some insane dodges but also meant that you could be a sitting duck in mid-air when jumping so you had to know when to do it.

Great fun! :D

siddharth2002

I played a lot of the original UT back in the day and also UT2004. Both are fantastic games. :)

What I think set them apart - aside from having fantastic gameplay - was the fact that there were so many options to customise the type of game you could play.

My friends and I came up with a unique type of game which really suited our tastes (not necessarily everyone elses). We would play with Low Gravity, Shock Rifles with that zoom function, and InstaGib. Basically it was a "one shot and you're dead" type of game. Having the low gravity setting meant that you could pull off some insane dodges but also meant that you could be a sitting duck in mid-air when jumping so you had to know when to do it.

Great fun! :D
Now, I have done that a few times and the amount of frags I received in mid-air was a bit crazy and put me off from low-gravity.:p
I have settled down with Onslaught as it allows you to stay alive longer and extend the fun. And gives you an edge over a better player at times.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I haven't bought it. At school, we used to be able to play it and multiplayer rocks! Until, the school blocked it as we used to play it instead of 'doing our work'...

Whatever :rolleyes:

F-ing twatbags!

siddharth2002

Aussie1st, you still paying Ut2004? I installed it last week and since then logging quite a bit of time online so, catch me online if you can, gonna be fun. Basically perfecting my skills since UT3 release date is getting nearer. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread