PC Games

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pardon me if there is already a thread like this or if this isn't the right place to post, but eh...well.
The purpose of this thread is to discuss PC games (apart from Cricket ones, of course) so that people can come to know of sometimes enjoyable but not as famous games. It has always been difficult for me to find new games to play. Sure there are dedicated gaming sites with reviews and all, but I have always found recommendation of other people (my friends usually) turn out to be much better.

To start off, I'll describe my gaming tastes or rather games which I have played and enjoyed : AOE 2 has to rank among one of my favourite games of all time. Single player can get a bit repetitive, I agree, but multiplayer LAN gaming have made many a night fun in college (and have impacted my grades, maybe, but eh..whatever). Elder Scrolls : Skyrim has to be of one of the other games I have enjoyed a lot..I am still playing it, and haven't got far, but just the whole scale of it and the freedom it offers is mindboggling. GTA Vice City and San Andreas were also pretty cool , though GTA IV was dissappointing to say the least. I also liked Max Payne, though shooting games like Call of Duty haven't interested me that much.

These are some of the games off the top of my head. I am not a hard core gamer really, and I don't cruise through most games, but once I get started on a game, I do play it for quite some time.

So what do you guys think? Which other games, similar to the above, should I try? Or maybe a game entirely different, but one you have enjoyed a lot?

----------

oh damn, I just realized there is an entertainment forum for this..can a mod please move it there?

Last edited:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anyone here played the "london 2012 official video game"? The reviews are quite good and I may give it a go. There is a online demo kind of a thing available on their website, if anyone is interested.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yeah I'm considering buying London 2012 too.

Athens 2004 on PS2 was the best party game I ever played, me and my mates were still enjoying that game past the 2008 Olympic games.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I will give the demo a shot, might actually be good

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I really enjoyed Ass Creed 2. 100% bar the feathers. Spent too long just walking around the streets poisoning guards and throwing money at them to amuse myself.

P

pcfan123

I just wish it was regular set in those days and not that gay time warp machine.

I hate the sci fi element they try to add.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah it's the worst part of the game. The bits with Desmond are turd.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Has anyone here played the "london 2012 official video game"? The reviews are quite good and I may give it a go. There is a online demo kind of a thing available on their website, if anyone is interested.

Really? An Olympics game that isn't a complete pile of cack? I'm definitely interested. :) It's also possible to get events from it by buying promotional Duracell packs. ;)

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Godfather - PC Game

:clap

The story line is fantastic, audio/video clippings just add to the realism of the game. If you're a big fan of the movie, give the game a try. Even if you haven't watched the movie or aren't a fan of the movie, you'd still like the game if you like games like GTA.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Supposed to be half decent the Godfather game.

Yeah I keep meaning to play Brotherhood, can't be assed with Revelations though.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Pardon me if there is already a thread like this or if this isn't the right place to post, but eh...well.
The purpose of this thread is to discuss PC games (apart from Cricket ones, of course) so that people can come to know of sometimes enjoyable but not as famous games. It has always been difficult for me to find new games to play. Sure there are dedicated gaming sites with reviews and all, but I have always found recommendation of other people (my friends usually) turn out to be much better.

To start off, I'll describe my gaming tastes or rather games which I have played and enjoyed : AOE 2 has to rank among one of my favourite games of all time. Single player can get a bit repetitive, I agree, but multiplayer LAN gaming have made many a night fun in college (and have impacted my grades, maybe, but eh..whatever). Elder Scrolls : Skyrim has to be of one of the other games I have enjoyed a lot..I am still playing it, and haven't got far, but just the whole scale of it and the freedom it offers is mindboggling. GTA Vice City and San Andreas were also pretty cool , though GTA IV was dissappointing to say the least. I also liked Max Payne, though shooting games like Call of Duty haven't interested me that much.

These are some of the games off the top of my head. I am not a hard core gamer really, and I don't cruise through most games, but once I get started on a game, I do play it for quite some time.

So what do you guys think? Which other games, similar to the above, should I try? Or maybe a game entirely different, but one you have enjoyed a lot?

----------

oh damn, I just realized there is an entertainment forum for this..can a mod please move it there?

If you've got any interest in wargames and history - check out the Total War series. :) One of the best, if not the best, PC exclusive gaming series around. :)

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Godfather - PC Game

:clap

The story line is fantastic, audio/video clippings just add to the realism of the game. If you're a big fan of the movie, give the game a try. Even if you haven't watched the movie or aren't a fan of the movie, you'd still like the game if you like games like GTA.

I've heard Mafia is better, play that.

I've played Mafia II though, the gameplay is decent, but story and realism is outstanding. Also worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread