Vista successor Vienna

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Windows Vista has been on store shelves for barely a fortnight, but senior executives at Microsoft are already talking about a successor within two years.

The next version of Windows, codenamed "Vienna", will be released by the end of 2009, Microsoft's corporate vice-president of its Windows core operating system division, Ben Fathi, reportedly told the RSA Conference in San Francisco late last week.

"You can think roughly two, 2? years is a reasonable time frame that our partners can depend on and can work with," PC World quoted him as saying.

Full article here

Gee that's quick haven't even got Vista yet. I wonder what they will put in this version.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Online Cricket Games Owned
johnjohnjohn69 said:
vista is another windows millenium... stay away
True, its not a finished product in any sense and doesn't even have the kind of 3D desktop I was thinking. These days, one can even get Windows XP to look like Vista.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Vista totally ruined my laptop. I'm just happy I got a full refund when I took it back because not only did it wipe all my data (when I clearly told it not to) it just didn't deliver all of the features I expected. Luckily for me I backed up what was important.

XP is fine and i'd advise everyone to stay away from Vista.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I m confused what should I do :confused: , Buy Vista or to stay with my XP :p

Bilal91

International Coach
expensive and doesn't deliver the goods...you can if you like make windows XP look like Vista iike i have downloaded taskbar and stuff which are like Vistas...but i won't be buying it anytime soon...maybe if it comes free with my the Laptop i am thinking to buy than maybe i will get it...but thats still a Maybe...

i can't believe they have even planned out the next version even though Vista isn't fully finished...

siddharth2002

Problem in my case is that I have to install it on my machine in very near future as I am expected to solve problems related to it as part of my job. I have already started using Office 2007 to get some experience on it. ;)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Lol true still looks like it will be less of a gap between XP and Vista.
I've already got the Vista feel, just missing aero but probably could find that somewhere too.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I'm guessing they'll put all the features that they were supposed to put into Vista into that OS. In which case it may be worth just waiting for that to come out. But considering Vista should have come out about 2-3 years back, I'd rather have something in hand rather than wait.

taimurasad

Club Cricketer
Majority of you guys have got your opinions on Vista horribly wrong. I am using Vista as my main OS since the day it went gold (the end of 2006) and has been Beta testing it since last 1 year or so and i can tell you guys that the experience of Vista is amazing. And those of you who are using Vista look alike themes for XP (transformation packs) are really missing the true "Wow" factor in Vista. Vista makes my things v.much organized, has a great feel to it and importantly has far better security than any of its predecessors. There is nothing wrong with it.

siddharth2002

taimurasad said:
Majority of you guys have got your opinions on Vista horribly wrong. I am using Vista as my main OS since the day it went gold (the end of 2006) and has been Beta testing it since last 1 year or so and i can tell you guys that the experience of Vista is amazing. And those of you who are using Vista look alike themes for XP (transformation packs) are really missing the true "Wow" factor in Vista. Vista makes my things v.much organized, has a great feel to it and importantly has far better security than any of its predecessors. There is nothing wrong with it.
There's lot more of it apart from good looks and security. I am a bit sceptic about DRM issues not that M$ could have avoided it, they were facing lawsuits from major Hollywood studios. But still an OS is supposed to be open whereas Vista isn't, it will disable any hardware without proper DRM implementation. And if Hollywood studios have their way, Vista will allow them to kill your Drives and other hardware permanently.

Users who are viewing this thread