Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I would like to nominate a few too:

@barmyarmy for being the best admin there ever has been on this site.

@ZexyZahid for single handedly running PCs FC section for so many years.

@AbBh for all his super human mods which made modding games easier and fun.

@MattW for being the PCs go to man all these years.

@Simbazz for initiating the idea of a PCPL and then running it successfully for so many years.

@surendar for being the best staff there has been on this site and also for his amazing story writing.

@Biggy for introducing us to the concept of simulated leagues which is now one of the most enjoyable forums of the site.

@Ollie_H for bringing mafia to PC!

And lastly,

Lynch: @Abhas

D

Dutch

I too would like to put forward a number of members who I feel deserve Hall of Fame status: there are characters at PC who do stuff like modding and who deliver a wonderful amount of free content in their own spare time. There are far too many people to put forward in this regard but there are a couple who I consider game changers:

@Llewelynf: the amount of work he did for the BA studios games is unbelievable, and always always the highest quality.

@wasteyouryouth who also produced an incredible amount of work, a lot of which no one knows about and who I know to be a sincere and thorough tester of things.

@francobaldo1 who transformed DBC 14 into an absolute gem of a title

There are also characters who bring something interesting, out of the ordinary to PC. They aren't often very popular because they can be sharp, sometimes over the top or deemed to be trolling but they are people who bring some spice to the sometimes bland offerings at PC.

@Biggs

@blockerdave

And someone who should be on every single list ever made:

@naveenc (I think that was his username: if you know your PC history you know who I mean!

I too would like to put forward @MattW : he has done a lot of work for PC itself and also a lot of work trying to push the agenda of what makes a cricket video game a decent thing to play. He is a little more in the background these days but no one should underestimate his importance for a whole realm of things here at PC

And lastly although there are many more I can think of: @Chief: he took a lot of stick and shit but he hang around and he is a very decent bloke!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I wholeheartedly endorse these nominations.
@Llewelynf: the amount of work he did for the BA studios games is unbelievable, and always always the highest quality.

@francobaldo1 who transformed DBC 14 into an absolute gem of a title

I too would like to put forward @MattW : he has done a lot of work for PC itself and also a lot of work trying to push the agenda of what makes a cricket video game a decent thing to play. He is a little more in the background these days but no one should underestimate his importance for a whole realm of things here at PC
This too, whether it wholly is intended to apply to me, is also the most perfect description of me anyone has ever written. :lol
Dutch said:
There are also characters who bring something interesting, out of the ordinary to PC. They aren't often very popular because they can be sharp, sometimes over the top or deemed to be trolling but they are people who bring some spice to the sometimes bland offerings at PC.

I would also nominate @Dutch (there is no 'vote for me and I'll vote for you' quid pro quo here) he is a great contributor to the site in many ways. He's very helpful, supportive and one of the many people who help make this forum a great place to come to. I always see him contributing across many threads and take particular enjoyment at his jokes that range from terrible to brilliant, but always raise a smile. Also, the very fact he's never won an award is absurd.

And I repeat: NO QUID PRO QUO. I WANT NOTHING. I WANT NOTHING. I WANT NO QUID PRO QUO.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
hall-of-fame-png.228097

Voting is now open for PlanetCrickets Inaugural Hall of Fame!

Congratulations to all members nominated and a huge thanks for all the hard work and dedication making PlanetCricket the premier site it is today :cheers

Also :thumbs's up for the great memories shared, personal touches added and for friendships made that can never be broken!

Being nominated in itself is a true honor and a reflection of the appreciation showed by our members. Best wishes to all the nominations :clap

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Would it be feasible to remove the restriction of 3 choices? It's really, really difficult to choose only 3 from that list.

In any case the top 3 are being chosen, right? So I think it shouldn't be a problem if a user votes for more than 3 candidates...

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
Would it be feasible to remove the restriction of 3 choices? It's really, really difficult to choose only 3 from that list.

In any case the top 3 are being chosen, right? So I think it shouldn't be a problem if a user votes for more than 3 candidates...
It is challenging only choosing three nominees. I'll update it to 6, that should make things a little bit easier :D All the nominees are worthy, but ultimately only a few will make it into the Class of 2019 unfortunately.[DOUBLEPOST=1574496261,1574495372][/DOUBLEPOST]
A member of the committee may be a candidate but shall not vote for his or her induction into the Hall of Fame.
Just in case some of you all were wondering :p

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
I'm still wondering a bit. This maybe is because I've just woken up, but I take it this is public voting? And that people may vote for themselves, or nay?
Yes and yes. We've decided that public voting will be better seeing that the normal voting page (WordPress) are all single votes, where the Hall of Fame votes are multiples.[DOUBLEPOST=1574508774,1574508706][/DOUBLEPOST]And with votes not being displayed publicly, whose to stop someone for voting themselves.[DOUBLEPOST=1575040890][/DOUBLEPOST]As expected, Matt / User2010 and zimrahil are leading the pack. Anything can change within the last four days :D to those who haven't voted yet, get your vote in before the deadline.[DOUBLEPOST=1575205441][/DOUBLEPOST]Sad to see previous administrator and owner sitting on only 8 x votes :(

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sad to see previous administrator and owner sitting on only 8 x votes :(
People around the site don't know much about them since most of the current members joined only after these legends left the site. I've personally know only Colin. I don't know other old members. Same maybe the case with others too. :)

According to me, irrespective of who takes home the "Hall Of Famer" title this year, all the members in the list are deserving ones for their marvelous contributions to this site in all these years. :clap

Users who are viewing this thread