WA a disgrace to aus cricket

bushy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
WHERE ARE YOUR HOME GROWN PLAYERS

this is a list of players i kno who aint from wa

Marcus North (Victoria)
Trent Kelly (SA)
Brad Knowles (Victoria) (just signed today)
Mitchell Johnson (QLD)
Steve Maggofin (QLD)
Ben Edmonson (QLD)
Craig Simmons (NSW)

probably more.

WA ARE A DISGRACE

ALSO NSW

Katich (WA)
Casson (WA)
Macgill (WA)
Haddin (ACT)
Henriques (portugal)
Khawaja (pakinstan)
Nevill (victoria)

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
"Get over it" springs to mind.
WA have a smaller population (less than half) of Victoria so fewer players to choose from. The days of only local players appearing for the side ended in the UK about 50 years ago and Aus as usual is just taking a while to catch up.
In fact I'll see if I can find an article from 1960 saying the same as you're saying now.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Yup get over it. I don't think these days you can expect players to play for their local team for their entire career, it's how they make their living. Do you expect a normal person to work in the same job for his entire working life?

Besides, iirc Victoria have 5 players not from Victoria, so they aren't so far behind are they.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
oh great i see bushys back from hiding

he went pretty quite after his so called best team in the world Victoria that can beat any international team aswell, lost the 20/20 final

bushy

Club Cricketer
WE LOST DUE TO THE FACT NSW HAD A CHUCKER IN THE TEAM. He was reported for his action in the final if its proven he chucks we deserve the title bird won nsw the game.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
MacGill, Haddin, Henriques and Kwhaja are all basically home grown. Heriques has been in Australia all his life I believe and ACT is in NSW :rolleyes:

I can't believe you are bagging out NSW for not having home grown players when he have been playing our youngest team in years. I love your ability to simply ignore all these players:

Hughes
Smith
Smith
Forrest
Cameron
Bollinger
Cockley
Thornley

There's more too.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Who cares!? They're Australian aren't they? You're just clutching at straws here and it's all very petty.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Just for fun Victoria
Rogers WA
Hasting NSW
Dussey WA
Darren Pattinson England
Wade Tasmania
Wright Tasmania

Guess Victoria are a disgrace to Aus cricket as well...

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Not to mention the fact Brad Hodge learnt everything he knew at leicestershire. ;)

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
The moving makes our competition stronger, if Michael Klinger hadn't moved to SA he'd be playing for the Victoria second XI right now and may never have realised his true potential. Same with Dave Hussey, he couldn't get a game at WA so he moved to Victoria and now he's in the ODI team.

It makes the competition more even and more competitive.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I don't really see how you can blame Haddin for playing for NSW. There isn't a ACT team that he can play for.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
There was... he did play for the Comets until they folded

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
The moving makes our competition stronger, if Michael Klinger hadn't moved to SA he'd be playing for the Victoria second XI right now and may never have realised his true potential. Same with Dave Hussey, he couldn't get a game at WA so he moved to Victoria and now he's in the ODI team.

It makes the competition more even and more competitive.

Totally agree with this post. Also Jason Krejza springs to mind, couldn't get a game for NSW and made the most to Tasmania, now he's playing Test cricket for Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread