Warne to Farewell Melbourne in Twenty20 Charity Game

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
irottev said:
Should be interesting.

NZ is represented ;) Go Danny!

Wish I could see it.

It's amazing how many players in this game have test match double hundreds to their name! Dizzy included.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
puddleduck said:
Why? If he feels he can hack domestic cricket for another year or two, whilst international cricket could be too much I think he's earnt the right to decide what's best for him? Considering Australia don't play much cricket after the World Cup, I think he's retired at exactly the right time. Nothing wrong with continuing to support a county that he is contracted to, and has put a lot of work in trying to help turn them into a championship side.
He retired because it felt right, not because he can't handle it anymore. Seems purely like a money based decision to me, but this is off-topic anyway.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
aus5892 said:
He retired because it felt right, not because he can't handle it anymore. Seems purely like a money based decision to me, but this is off-topic anyway.

Yeah slightly, but it's an interesting discussion ;)

To be honest I think it was a mixture of both. He geniunely looked like it was taking longer for him to get into spells, stiffer in the field, and he did indicate in a few interviews that bowling long spells was taking it's toll the next day. It's not like he would ever not give 100%, so I think as well as it being the perfect moment, he looked at the future and wondered whether he really needed, or wanted, to put his body through it all again.

A shame the game isn't local to me, as I'd love to see it, should be a good laugh. Will just have to make the odd day trip up to Hampshire, and to Lords when Hampshire are playing Middlesex to catch a few final glimpses of the legend ;)

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
puddleduck said:
Yeah slightly, but it's an interesting discussion ;)

To be honest I think it was a mixture of both. He geniunely looked like it was taking longer for him to get into spells, stiffer in the field, and he did indicate in a few interviews that bowling long spells was taking it's toll the next day. It's not like he would ever not give 100%, so I think as well as it being the perfect moment, he looked at the future and wondered whether he really needed, or wanted, to put his body through it all again.

A shame the game isn't local to me, as I'd love to see it, should be a good laugh. Will just have to make the odd day trip up to Hampshire, and to Lords when Hampshire are playing Middlesex to catch a few final glimpses of the legend ;)
I think it's mostly because he wanted to go out on top, while he's still bowling well. He could bowl past his prime but it could lessen the legend image, happens in AFL a lot, guys play past their prime to get to milestones, Mick Martyn got delisted at the age of 36 or something and was a poor player, but still opted for the draft to play 300 games.

cricketmad09

International Coach
IloveGilly said:
Going out during the Ashes was the way to go. Don't see how this match should be even played

That is the stupidest thing i've ever heard in my life.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
cricketmad09 said:
That is the stupidest thing i've ever heard in my life.

Well you certainly need one if you can't take a little thing called a grammatical error. I do actually try to re-sentence my wording at times.

Anyway, there are quite a few big names at the event.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Whoever Watched this match on Channel 9 on Sunday saw the Speeds that the bowlers were bowling? Iam 17 and i thought I could bowl at about 115Km/h, but after seeing how fast the oldies can bowl (Some people like Shane Crawford 80km/h, That tall lanky Australian Gold Medallist 115km/h), while just strolling to the crease with no effort is ridicoulous!! Maybe I can bowl at 125Km/h?

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
IloveGilly said:
That is one heck of a match! A draw! Peter Helliar was brilliant :)
Loved it when the ball smacked in Strauchanie's guts. He is hillarious.

Users who are viewing this thread