Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Test cricket needs the Windies.

Yes, absolutely agreed. There's still time for that, we all know. But, hopefully this win stirs them up. Marlon Samuels has turned into a wonderful player and his recent knocks in Test cricket show that. Hopefully, new guys step in along with the likes of Chanderpaul, Gayle, etc. and WI are back!

spooony

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes, absolutely agreed. There's still time for that, we all know. But, hopefully this win stirs them up. Marlon Samuels has turned into a wonderful player and his recent knocks in Test cricket show that. Hopefully, new guys step in along with the likes of Chanderpaul, Gayle, etc. and WI are back!

Chanderpaul going to play for how long. I think these ex Windies players rather than moaning in the papers and tv and where ever should step in and help with development. But their Cricket board needs a revamp as well as there is too many quarrels amongst them

Epic

Panel of Selectors
So did England. In the end no one remember who won the xxxx T20 cup on cricket or who made what score in 10 years. But they normally do remember who won what test series and who scored what. :D

You say that now, but the format is only getting going, come back to me in 30 years. ;)

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You say that now, but the format is only getting going, come back to me in 30 years. ;)

Bang on there. Test cricket is only around for so much longer, I reckon in the future Test series will probably be scrapped.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Bang on there. Test cricket is only around for so much longer, I reckon in the future Test series will probably be scrapped.

Wov wov wov, that's more like 100 years mate.

P.S - Not gonna happen. :p

Auwais

International Coach
The most likeable cricket team around, surely? Very pleased for the Windies. :D

spooony

Club Captain

Well 1 day internationals is over 30 years old and no one can really remember who won what series. What will make T20 so special? Test matches its really hard for 1 man to make the difference unlike T20 and ODI's. Its a back and forth situation as teams fight for ascendancy over 5 days. One day international a bit of luck here and there or one guy scores a ton and you lose. What T20 is going to do is get rid of the natural stroke players and replace it with 10 ball sloggers

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Well 1 day internationals is over 30 years old and no one can really remember who won what series. What will make T20 so special? Test matches its really hard for 1 man to make the difference unlike T20 and ODI's. Its a back and forth situation as teams fight for ascendancy over 5 days. One day international a bit of luck here and there or one guy scores a ton and you lose. What T20 is going to do is get rid of the natural stroke players and replace it with 10 ball sloggers

You started off with the cup and then moved on to the series', anyway, that's because we have a 50 over World Cup silly, which if you didn't know is the pinnacle achievement(as of now) in this sport we call Cricket. :rolleyes

If and when we get the Test championship going you will start to see some(only some) Test series' become irrelevant, much like the ones we've got now in the One Day format.

The Ashes and any IND/PAK series will always have a bit of relevance to it, because they are historic rivalries. ;)

S

Satan666

You started off with the cup and then moved on to the series', anyway, that's because we have a 50 over World Cup silly, which if you didn't know is the pinnacle achievement(as of now) in this sport we call Cricket. :rolleyes

If and when we get the Test championship going you will start to see some(only some) Test series' become irrelevant, much like the ones we've got now in the One Day format.

The Ashes and any IND/PAK series will always have a bit of relevance to it, because they are historic rivalries. ;)

Since youre on the topic I reckon the IND/PAk series is greater in appeal than the ashes now, its my favourite, for obvious reasons!

spooony

Club Captain
No it is not the pinnacle of achievements. Its not even the best form of cricket. It doesn't even show the batsman full skillset like test do. Winning 1 match in a final do not make you the best. Its one day cricket another day and a bit of luck or a Tendulkar mistake and the other team might win. Or you can set up a draw for yourself paving a easy road to the final or getting there by teams forfeiting left and right. Have any cricket world champion gone through a World Cup undefeated? Not many times have that happen unlike in all the other sports. So no the World Cup is not pinnacle. Its just another tournament with a shinier trophy setup by TV fat cats to make money out of cricket with broadcasting rights. :clap

Yes it will and the fact that both can't win a test series outside the sub continent. That must just say a lot considering how old test is. So a test series have much more value than a competition that come and go. Captains are sacked for losing a test series not for losing world cups

Users who are viewing this thread