What is Photo Realistic Likeness!?

Muhammad Saad

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
yeh what is this?. And other thing I want to ask that CODIES said that full licence of player including Ricky Ponting ,Brian Lara, Andrew Flintoff, MS Dhoni
so thats mean they will do motion capture for codies? :D or some other thing becuz it only 4 of them so possibly chance for getting MOCAP for them.
pls answer my question.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm no graphic expert, but I think 'Photo Realistic Likeness' pretty much describes itself. The liekness is so good, that you can clearly tell who the player is. It's almost as though you can compare a photo of a player with it's video game counterpart, and it would be very similar, if not the same.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
photo realistic graphics is something that the makers pretend looks as good as real life. It looks good, yes, but like the so-called photo-realistic graphics of the recent Final Fantasy games, you can always tell it is computer-generated.

Muhammad Saad

School Cricketer
and why they only licence four player ,RICKY PONTING , BRIAN LARA, ANdrew Flintoff and Dhoni any possiblities for using these players for motion capture sessions?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
They have only licensed four players because it costs money, and probably a lot of money.

Lattimorx

School Cricketer
I'd say that would be just an example of licenced players. Certainly in the ICC licenced tournies, it'll have everyone (licenced).

I just hope this will be the case for the entire game...

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
No they dont normally use real players for mo cap as that costs too much money and too much time.

They normally get some low ranking player to do that and they mimic other special players actions.

Reason for the license is so they can use there name to endorse the game and possibly name it after them

bors-den

School Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
photo realistic graphics is something that the makers pretend looks as good as real life. It looks good, yes, but like the so-called photo-realistic graphics of the recent Final Fantasy games, you can always tell it is computer-generated.

i think they arem ore hyper real than photo real, final fantasy graphics aren't even meant to look like real life htye are meant to look "better" realer than real

lookat this one here from FF how can that be meant to be real? It's beyond real
member.php

Ritwik

co-founder
andrew_nixon said:
No game has yet managed to have photo-realistic graphics as you can always tell that they are computer generated.
Although to be fair playing Doom 3 on killer hardware at full settings does make the characters look very close to real.

I've talked about this on these boards before, but John Carmack remarked in an interview in 2003 that the games industry is going to face the problem of "so close to real" in terms of graphics for some years to come. According to him, the difference between cutting edge computer generated graphics and the real thing is so little, that the mind amplifies the differences.

Users who are viewing this thread