What is wrong with the Scheduling & ICC?

Harshshah

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
First of all, this might just be a controversial topic but seriously what and how do ICC make the Groups and Fixtures?

2 Pathetic Associates in Group A & 2 Competitive Associates in Group B along with Bangladesh.

First of all, Bangladesh should have been placed in Group A to make it spicy.

Group A has been pathetic. All boring matches. Match like Australia VS Srilanka cancelled due to rain making it more pathetic. Match like Australia vs Newzealand not getting any interest with Newzealand bundling out on so less score.

My hopes now lie on Newzealand VS Pakistan match but I hope Afridi does not make it one sided with his flinging 130kmph deliveries :p

On the other side, Looking at todays match, Kenya VS Canada, how can ICC keep only 1 match that too this boring? Also, weekend is the time people pray for good matches but what have ICC done? Sundays fixtures is Kenya VS Australia and Canada vs Newzealand!!

Are you serious ICC? Very disappointed

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
I think they divide the teams in groups on the basis of their Ranking so it should not be ICC's fault if they do it like this

Gurjot95

National Board President
Firstly, I don't think we can call Netherlands a "competitive" side now. They got out less than 150 against SA and WI. They only gave good competition against England but that doesn't really count considering how England struggled with minnows this tournament (Canada, Netherlands and Ireland). Netherlands are yet to prove that they are competitive side.

I agree with rest though, ICC needs to sort it out, they can't make fixtures only on the basis on rankings.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Think about it. If theyy ICC made the groups the way you said they should've been, and maybe another day, no matter, we'd have come up with criticism to that scheduling as to be wrong, and like they weren't right and it should have been 'oh like this and that'. So it's an endless loophole where you can't make a spotless fixture of teams in groups.

The point is every fixture can't be perfect. That's the way the group games are. No matter what team lies in which group. You can't expect two well balanced, competitive and equal sides to play each other in every game.

But there's some sense to what you said too, The WC's been going from the ground up slowly, but i think it will once rub this hazy scheduling thing and pick up in the Q/Fs.

Last edited:

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As KBC said, every fixture can't be perfect. Even the ICC knows that India is the most cricket crazy nation and so all their matches, except one against The Netherlands were scheduled for the weekends.

You can't expect just the matches of India or Pakistan during the weekends, every team deserves to get a decent break and so there will be one off day where you may get some one sided games. No need to hype the issue, the scheduling seems fine to me.

As far as the groups are concerned, I like the groupings too. Agreed that Group B is a lot tougher than Group A, but that's what makes the game interesting, doesn't it?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The groups were decided on the basis of ICC Odi rankings for which the cut-off date was some time in mid -2009. Additionally the Associates had to qualify for the tournament.

The Associates tournament was won by Ireland and thus they were placed in Grp B. The runner-up was Kenya, with Netherlands and Canada taking the 3rd and 4th spot respectively. Afghanistan and the UAE narrowly missed out on the berth. That is the reason why the Groups are the way the groups are.

For scheduling- they could have played two games on a day to ensure an earlier finish to the tournament.

jacobfelix

International Coach
The 2015 World Cup which will be held Down under will have just 10 teams and the format will be the same as the 1992 WC....which means each team will have to play all other 9 teams and then the top 4 move into the semis & then the winners of semis move into the finals :D & the winner of the final will be the champion :p

Owzat

International Coach
The 2015 World Cup which will be held Down under will have just 10 teams and the format will be the same as the 1992 WC....which means each team will have to play all other 9 teams and then the top 4 move into the semis & then the winners of semis move into the finals :D & the winner of the final will be the champion :p

Minor correction, 1992 had only nine teams so it isn't the same exactly (just in case anyone thinks there were 10 in 1992). I liked the format other than the absence of minnows, but cricket has changed so much.

Users who are viewing this thread