What's up?

R

rasi

Hello guys, how's everyone?

Returned to the base last night, but am stating in 2 hours.

btw, I take this oppurtunity to tell you something, which I had been forced to hide for the last three months. I had mentioned that I got through to the IAF and then to the No.1 Tigers Squadron as a Mirage pilot. Well, that is not exactly true. The IAF sometimes gives fake identity to pilots, and I was one. Now that I have been given the true identity, I could share it with you.

Well, actually, I am with the No.20 "Lightning" squadron, based Lohegaon, Pune. And, I am a Su-30 MKI pilot, flying the "SB 021". I am one of the Indian pilots going to the US for the Indo-US exercise later this year. I earned the title after our "bombing" of Gwalior, defended by the American F-15s. I am now on high altitude training in Jammu. I should be back in about forty days time.

happy thoughts, even my mother was thinking that I was in Gwalior. She knew of what I was actually doing only when I went home last month. Even my IAF id would say that I was FL 137, but I am happy now that I have received what I deserve.

R

ricky123

B) thats great news ,we are proud of you mate ,best of luck ,

R

ricky123

B) we will miss you anyway ,but ur doing the service for our country that is very important to us ,and one day maybe u may join some peace keeping army or something like the un ,

so u will make every member of this forum proud, if india decides to send forces in to iraq ,tell me i will meet u there, it is only 20 minutes flying from here :lol:

S

squiz

I didn't understand:
Well, actually, I am with the No.20 "Lightning" squadron, based Lohegaon, Pune. And, I am a Su-30 MKI pilot, flying the "SB 021".

But I understood you were promoted, and I am very happy for you. Well Done Mate!

R

rasi

Originally posted by squiz@Apr 24 2004, 03:52 PM
But I understood you were promoted, and I am very happy for you. Well Done Mate!
It? not that I got promoted. Let me make it clear.

I was operating under a fake identity. I hope that is clear. Even though I am a Su pilot, I had identities as a Mirage pilot. We had four people operating this way ( two planes ), two pilots and their WSOs ( Weapons Systems Officer ). I was one of the pilots.

btw, My next promotion will be a Squadron Leader, and that is going to take a happy thoughts of a time.

Users who are viewing this thread