Who is the best player you have played with?

G

Gobi

the best player i have played against is the wicket-keeper in our left hand team. he is wonderful batsman. and super keeper.

iniyan also plays good, but he does not know to play on leg side. :lol: :lol:

R

rasi

Yuvraj Singh. Great person to make friend with. A wonderful sportsperson.

As for now, I'll say Gobi. He is so hard to face. Next is Basheer. Luckily, both are in my team. But the problem is when the batsmen edges them to slips. :D

G

Gobi

Originally posted by Iniyan@Sep 2 2003, 10:27 PM
Yuvraj Singh. Great person to make friend with. A wonderful sportsperson.

As for now, I'll say Gobi. He is so hard to face. Next is Basheer. Luckily, both are in my team. But the problem is when the batsmen edges them to slips. :D
i was just joking. he plays okay on leg side, but i have never seen anybody play like him on the off side ( not internationals ). he is one of the best on off side. when he gets set, he hits sixes over point/cover. :o

thanks for calling me one of best.

iniyan was unlucky to miss under 19 cap. he should have played in that england tour. the whole association was celebrating when iniyan and selvam got selected for the camp. selvam is also playing in our team. he is opening partner to iniyan. they both play for 5 years together, but they get runout once in 2 or 3 matches. :lol: :lol:

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You may not have heard of him but here goes..... when I was about 11 I went to a sports camp. The cricket coach there was former Lancashire captain David Hughes, who had retired earlier that summer. On the last day we played a 30 over a side match and he kept wicket for both sides. Unfortunately he wasn't much of a keeper (he didn't keep in his career) and couldn't cope with my spin. I actually turned the ball more as an 11 year old than I can do now :D

T

tadpunk

Heres another one that may be kinda vague to some but one of my proudest moments was actually hitting a former new zealand test and ODI spin bowler for 4 in a club cricket match. I was playing in my schools first 11 and former kiwi player matthew hart was in the opposing team. i hit him for 4 in the covers which made my day although he ended up being the one who got me out.His brother robbie hart is still in the nz selctors "wider"group for one day keeper. :D

wackojacko

International Cricketer
i kid in my cricket team called Ben McLochlan.

he was involved ina car accident fractured his right bowling arm in three places.

he was told he couldnt bowl again.

yet he is now our fastest bowler in the 1sts

at the 1sts tryout we had a speedometer for bowling, he got up to 125 km/h B)

R

rasi

Do you play at school level, Jack?

Gobi is near 140 Ks. He is the fastest bowler in our state.

R

rasi

Anybody knows Irfan Pathan Jr. from India 'A' ? He used to be in 140s during the U-19 camp, but now he's slowed down for accuracy.

A left arm bowler bowling at 140+ is always difficult to play. They try it or not, the ball swings. :D :D

R

rasi

I have already mentioned that Gobi is a class bowler. We do not have a Ranji team in our state. Gobi tried it in one other state - I do not want to mention which it is - and he was asked to bribe the selectors with Rs. 500,000. He hails from a middle-class family and 5 lakhs is simply too big a sum.

There are many cricketers in India who don't get a chance to play, just because they are poor.

wackojacko

International Cricketer
yes and without proper training they grow up bowling illigal bowls and other things

R

rasi

There are many who have perfect actions and technique, but get bypassed by the selectors. Our Gobi has an action just like Wasim Akram. Wasim is his idol.

R

rasi

The basic is a body fit enough to cope with vigorous training. In India, fitness takes much more importance, because of the weather. You will get drained of every bit of energy in your body. We actually have to applaud the current firness of the Indian team. :clap: For their schedule, their fitness is alien. :D

Users who are viewing this thread