Who will captain South Africa?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
AB looks the best in terms of being in the team, don't know what his leadership skills are like but from what I've seen he looks like he would make a good captain.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I think either AB or Kallis.

I think Kallis would captain because he is much more experienced and always leads from front.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Lol. basically, I thought of answering "Graeme Smith" after seeing the thread title:laugh.

BTW, I'd prefer Johan Botha for ODi's too.
His plans worked out against Aussies at Aussie Land and what more qualities he needs to be a captain?:hpraise
Let him bowl idiotically, but he's capable of some Hard Hitting all round the park when the situation demands (With Bat, not when bowls:p).
He's a captain, more than a batsman/bowler.

Dutchmen

Club Captain
Kallis and Ab would be, but they are not proficient like Johan Botha. and Botha is one of them to take the captaincy for t20 games.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
lol @ retiring as a T20 captain being a big deal.
I was actually more curious about who in the South African camp is suited to taking over the reigns if Smith decides to give up captaincy in Tests and all 3 formats. No one is real stand out captaincy material. Botha is, but isn't a regular in the side. ABD is still young.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
de Villiers. Perfect time for him to learn. He can get some experience in 20/20s before taking over the ODI team and eventually the test team.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
AB, for me. Lets not forget that Smith was only in his early 20s when he was made captain.

Users who are viewing this thread