Why to study this progression - School

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have come across this because I have some mates who are saying "Why School?" It's a base thing that it is where we regret to go when we are young - (I'm young). But upon leaving, we wish we'd be there eternally. I want some of them to understand some basis of School.

Days spent at school can hardly be restrained to remember, once out. As a student like me very often fall prey to this sort of sickness, because I realise the importance of this place and also realise the values which beat us. It is not a place where students go just to get prepared for forthcoming exams. Never mention it as an institution meant for giving students any sort of special training. Each scene of this moving film spoke volumes. It has only laid the corner stone from where we're expected to start building the steps of wisdom. I'm just making an approach to that.

Henry David Thou rou?, one of the greatest philosophers of the 20th century, always recommended in doing what our conscience preferred. Bur, is it happening? Not predictable. It is to be agreed that it is the duty of the parents to help the child in reaching his/her goal while directing the child in the righteous path. But taking the authority of setting the child's goal themselves is synonymous to offending the child's personal interests. The factor contributing to this grave problem is lack of confidence. The confidence, which is due to be developed at the very institution, school. In what way? The answer is - while learning the languages.

The interesting thing about learning languages is that we also come to known many stories and facts, simultaneously. One of my English teacher once told the class that the essence of learning these stories is that they inspire us in choosing our profession. It is really fun reading these stories and poetry. But we tend to do something else. This way of choosing profession, done whole-heartedly, will bring out the originality in the child. The originality, which is all that matters in the society of his/her future.

It is at school that we start to open our minds and learn to see everything in various dimensions. It is here that a child starts to reason everything, understand things or, in any exception, learn to understand things/We are taught the greatness of the incredible values of honesty, hard work, punctuality and discipline, learn how to be good and kind with our fellows and, for instance, learn how to live, all of it, at school, in most cases. Our minds broaden and the corner stone of our intellectual thing, we lay here.

Thomas Edison couldn't speak until the age of five. And those were the only years of his life that he mightn't have a chance to reason. Right from that age, until his death, he couldn't stop himself from questioning everything he found interesting and questionable. Well, we do know who he is. It is also necessary to approach to the expanding the limits of mind, to eternity, during schooling.

The bottom-line is that school is for learning. It not for studying, but to get prepared for studying. It is where we lay the mechanism of our working, where we learn the philosophy of living. An institution whose income is the happiness and contentment of being able to unfold one's personality in the right way, is what, in my view, a school is. The students, who leave, will go a long way to reach the hearts of their fellow beings. Compelling the students to study round the clock, to obtain an impressive score card, paralyzes the child's ability to understand the reason for life. Having this great loss to the institution's credit is of no good. Now is the time to redeem the standards of school education.

However, the atmosphere around doesn't matter if we have know the purpose of school education.

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
swacker said:
But upon leaving, we wish we'd be there eternally.

With one day to go before my school life ends, I feel exactly the same.

Indian schools are, in general, unpleasant and unenjoyable places, where intellect stagnates and mind gets stultified instead of bursting out into its fullest blossom, where originality is stifled and substituted by submission to dogma.

But, my school, if I may add, was, in many ways, a lot different. By 'different', I do not mean antipodal to the convention. In the present system of education that we have in our country, there are limits upto which a school, or any educational institution, can inspire, motivate and enkindle in a student the flames of true knowledge. The cumulative effects of cram schools, rote-learning, too many examinations and peer pressure have blighted the school system beyond regeneration.

However, even then, my school did offer me sufficient space for free thinking, creativeness, ingenuity and unorthodoxy. In many ways, if I had not studied there, I probably would have ended as a constituent of the herd, my mind too abounding with orthodoxy, insecurity and fear, traits ubiquitous among Indian youth, to have been able to garner the requisite confidence and boldness to pursue the dreams I cherish in my heart.

My school has an enormous share in what I am today and what I will be tomorrow. In addition to it, I can't but reminisce the bright memories of my schooldays, glowing with innocence and guilelessness. I had very few friends, hardly two or three, as other students were so preoccupied with their studies, after-school tuitions and mugging, that they had little or no time for social interactions in the form of friendship. But those with whom I did share a camaraderie, I will miss them once the school is over.

Perhaps it's an indication that not all is lost in this country, that we can still fix the system if we try. When I look at others, encumbered by the crushing load of the curriculum and ensnared in an iniquitous educational setup, which values conformity more than ingenuity, mugging their heart out by burning the midnight oil to pass examinations where regurgitation of memorized, banal facts has supplanted incisive analysis and holistic outlook, I look at me and the way I spent the ten years of my school life. The two approaches are, I guess, irreconcilable. As Vivekananda, one of the greatest spiritual leaders of India, once said, "Education is the manifestation of perfection already in man." Is India listening?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread