Windows 8 Consumer Preview on Virtual PC.

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone tried the new Win 8 consumer Preview?

I just tested it in my Virtual box.It was quite good than Win 7 by perfomance and Graphics but still it looks Complicated for the users.
Missing startmenu was of a major drawback i feel.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
i gave it a try i find it quiet easy much better graphics then 7

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
^how you tried?
i mean where you installed?

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
you can get the demo from the pc shops and they say with the full version they are making a touch screen pc

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
^:facepalm
What are you saying mate.

AkshayC

County Cricketer
you can get the demo from the pc shops and they say with the full version they are making a touch screen pc

you can even download it from Microsoft official website for free but its the developer preview.

Missing startmenu was of a major drawback i feel.

I think they are trying to give a Mac look.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Tried it.

The Metro UI is absolutely fluid, no stutters, no slowdowns, fluid and absolutely gorgeous animations and graphics. Haven't used it enough to judge its usability with a mouse and a keyboard, but first impressions make me feel its going to be BADUMTISH on tablets!

Good news is that you can live completely without using the Metro stat interface if you wish to. Just use the desktop and stay in the desktop like we do till date!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Tried it.

The Metro UI is absolutely fluid, no stutters, no slowdowns, fluid and absolutely gorgeous animations and graphics. Haven't used it enough to judge its usability with a mouse and a keyboard, but first impressions make me feel its going to be BADUMTISH on tablets!

Good news is that you can live completely without using the Metro stat interface if you wish to. Just use the desktop and stay in the desktop like we do till date!

BADUMTISH? Whats that mean?

Chewie

BCCI President
Thinking about installing this on my old computer. It's got the developer's preview on it at the moment, but I don't use the computer

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
Tried it.

Well,but still we cant have the old start menu.isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread