[ᴡᴘʟ] Women's Premier League (Feb 23 to Mar 17, 2024)

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ellyse Perry is so beautiful with that RCB themed hair color.

She's beautiful without that anyway.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Sania Mirza is being interviewed, questioned about her role and how relevant and similar is Tennis and Cricket. This is a way of saying 'hey you don't belong here.'

Her role in the team is different from what people define the word 'mentor'.

B

Bigby Wolf

Sania Mirza is being interviewed, questioned about her role and how relevant and similar is Tennis and Cricket. This is a way of saying 'hey you don't belong here.'

Her role in the team is different from what people define the word 'mentor'.
Just RCB things.

B

Bigby Wolf

This Richa Ghosh is so poor.

Just a blind slogger at best nothing else.

Lacks game awareness as well.

Wanted to do this Rant ever since the WT20 semifinal her innings was equally poor then too.

B

Bigby Wolf

Instead of Richa Ghosh they should have sent Shreyanka or Heather Knight.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
This Richa Ghosh is so poor.

Just a blind slogger at best nothing else.

Lacks game awareness as well.

Wanted to do this Rant ever since the WT20 semifinal her innings was equally poor then too.
She was poor with the gloves too. Missed two important catches early on and even a stumping too. I looked up to see if she was actually a WK or RCBW management just asked her to keep wickets.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
She was poor with the gloves too. Missed two important catches early on and even a stumping too. I looked up to see if she was actually a WK or RCBW management just asked her to keep wickets.
She's the national keeper, although I'd say Taniya Bhatia is probably a better keeper, Ghosh isa much better batter.

Since she made her T20i debut no Indian batter has a better strike rate and she has the third most sixes, despite facing fewer balls than most other players.

She's a good finisher with huge potential. I think she's come in too early or when there's too much to do.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
She's the national keeper, although I'd say Taniya Bhatia is probably a better keeper, Ghosh isa much better batter.

Since she made her T20i debut no Indian batter has a better strike rate and she has the third most sixes, despite facing fewer balls than most other players.

She's a good finisher with huge potential. I think she's come in too early or when there's too much to do.
Haven't seen her bat in WPL. I miss out on RCB batting for some or the other reason.

I think Smriti's captaincy has been below par. She didn't even use Knight in the last game who is the only bowler to pick 2 wickets for RCB in 1st match. She did great in yesterday's game too. Her bowler rotation strategy is just not working.

The way batters are just smashing the ball out of the boundary rope with such an ease, having such a short boundary on a batting friendly wicket is a curse for the bowlers.

B

Bigby Wolf

The point I highlighted most about in my earlier post was game awareness.

Yeah she has incredible power hitting ability but that just that to succeed at the highest level you gotta build up a strong game allround.

She can't even run properly, She just tries to slog out every single delivery on the side.

Players like them are always found wanting at the highest level.

At the moment just bowl wide outside off, a little bit slower and bingo.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The point I highlighted most about in my earlier post was game awareness.

Yeah she has incredible power hitting ability but that just that to succeed at the highest level you gotta build up a strong game allround.

She can't even run properly, She just tries to slog out every single delivery on the side.

Players like them are always found wanting at the highest level.

At the moment just bowl wide outside off, a little bit slower and bingo.
The WPL isn't the highest level and she's scored runs against Australia and England which are the highest level.

In terms of game awareness, I think that's why Knight has come in later, they want her experience. However, I don't think that suits Richa's play. Running between wickets has been a problem several Indian players seem to be having, particularly with players who are keener to rotate the strike.

Haven't seen her bat in WPL. I miss out on RCB batting for some or the other reason.

I think Smriti's captaincy has been below par. She didn't even use Knight in the last game who is the only bowler to pick 2 wickets for RCB in 1st match. She did great in yesterday's game too. Her bowler rotation strategy is just not working.

The way batters are just smashing the ball out of the boundary rope with such an ease, having such a short boundary on a batting friendly wicket is a curse for the bowlers.

The short boundaries are making good bowlers look worse and average batters look much better. Frankly, when it's combined with good batting conditions (sadly rare for the women's game) and the harsher field restrictions it is making for some uneven contests. Aside from the brilliance of Grace Harris it'd have been four fairly easy wins and last night's that was pretty much over after 19 overs of the chase.

Knight rarely bowls for England, although she does have a golden arm. She had a hip problem that kept her out of the Commonwealth Games. Not bowling her might not be a strategic choice but related to her fitness. They were also getting thrashed so may have felt it wasn't worth it.

I always thought RCB's side looked the one that seemed to rely on all their big names delivering to be successful and they've lacked consistency. They've had some good contributions from their domestic players but they still need the internationals and overseas players to deliver.

B

Bigby Wolf

The WPL isn't the highest level and she's scored runs against Australia and England which are the highest level.

In terms of game awareness, I think that's why Knight has come in later, they want her experience. However, I don't think that suits Richa's play. Running between wickets has been a problem several Indian players seem to be having, particularly with players who are keener to rotate the strike.
Well Lets agree to the disagree.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Users who are viewing this thread