Won via countback...

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I was playing online with a guy.. last ball he had 4 runs to win.. he dint connect the ball... And immediately he disconnected the game.. I got the option to calculate result.. and I lost by countback. What the heck was that???

jaraarrow

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Exact same happened to me,he needed 5 off last ball and he disconnected,I bet it was the same bloke

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Exact same happened to me,he needed 5 off last ball and he disconnected,I bet it was the same bloke

Big ant has to do something man.. else I'm never gonna buy their game.. I did make 4-5 friends of mine too but this game.. never gonna do the same if it's like this..

W.G. Grace

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
My team keeps losing in career mode via countback: I am not even sure what this means exactly!?

It has happened in both of the two matches I have played so far in my career. I have been finding that the 3-day club matches are far too short because I'm not captain and therefore have zero say over whether or not we declare and so the team goes off racking up 500+ runs with barely a day's play left and we are only in our first innings!:lol The opposing team also play with the same lack of urgency and apparent ignorance of the fact the game will come to an abrupt end shortly and it will be yet another draw unless someone pulls their finger out...

Has anyone else found this, or is it just me??

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My team keeps losing in career mode via countback: I am not even sure what this means exactly!?

It has happened in both of the two matches I have played so far in my career. I have been finding that the 3-day club matches are far too short because I'm not captain and therefore have zero say over whether or not we declare and so the team goes off racking up 500+ runs with barely a day's play left and we are only in our first innings!:lol The opposing team also play with the same lack of urgency and apparent ignorance of the fact the game will come to an abrupt end shortly and it will be yet another draw unless someone pulls their finger out...

Has anyone else found this, or is it just me??

100% agree on this. The 3 day format is just too short for the way AI captains handle the game currently.

Also, check the attached screenshot. The panel on the right seems to say both teams won.. very confusing.

Attachments

• 20180105150914_1.jpg
    20180105150914_1.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 20

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
100% agree on this. The 3 day format is just too short for the way AI captains handle the game currently.

Also, check the attached screenshot. The panel on the right seems to say both teams won.. very confusing.

That result is indeed confusing. Who got the points though? Also would love to know what is a "countback" in longer formats (3-5 day matches). In shorter formats I thought it meant the team which hit more boundaries won.

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I believe for that one I got the points.

border33

Club Captain
That result is indeed confusing. Who got the points though? Also would love to know what is a "countback" in longer formats (3-5 day matches). In shorter formats I thought it meant the team which hit more boundaries won.
A count back is simply the winner on first innings.

As for online, I’m guessing it’s an exploit people are using to secure a win.

Users who are viewing this thread