Quitters! More than a decade into online gaming and still no fix?

RIZZYX

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I had a 5 year gap from playing cricket games (I have been around since Ashes 09) , and still the issue of quitters in online play has not been resolved. Shocking.

Why can't the game developers simply grant the win to the player that did not disconnect from the game? Even if a player disconnects genuinely because of a drop in connection or whatever, the win still should go to the other player. Or can the developers not distinguish who disconnected?

On the other hand, I just cannot understand the logic of disconnecting the game instead of using the forfeit option. They are so but hurt that they just cannot give the win to the rightful winner.

jan52

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yup that should be easy just like fifa has did it for years. To be honest I quit playing online after ashes 09 and dbc 14. Too much exploits and dramas and if I am about to win quitters....

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I had a 5 year gap from playing cricket games (I have been around since Ashes 09) , and still the issue of quitters in online play has not been resolved. Shocking.

Why can't the game developers simply grant the win to the player that did not disconnect from the game? Even if a player disconnects genuinely because of a drop in connection or whatever, the win still should go to the other player. Or can the developers not distinguish who disconnected?

On the other hand, I just cannot understand the logic of disconnecting the game instead of using the forfeit option. They are so but hurt that they just cannot give the win to the rightful winner.
My best guess would be an abuse of the win system. You get 2-3 guys and make a deal with them that involves starting a match and then having them quit continuously. Rotate and repeat. You see where this is going?

Users who are viewing this thread