Online Quitting - Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i think it should and will have penalty for quitters
i remember alioz from here played the patched version on xbox and he said that
game showed player connection(good,bad,excellent) and also gave players ratings based on there quitting record

I agree,if they implement this on PSN and Xbox Live then it'll be super cool.One can choose whether to play with the opponent or not,which will save a lot of time being wasted.

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
Players from Pakistan are quitters. I know I will get the heat for my comments but it is true. I have not met a single player from Pakistan who can finish one game!

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
know-one cares anymore.....:doh

Lol Lee, I've seen you say that a couple of times. Why, pardon me for asking, are you in this thread?

I certainly care and some of these gentle folk posting quitter names here have saved me many a heartache, so would appreciate it if they got all the encouragement they can! At least till IC09 comes around and Codies (hopefully) have a quitters penalty implemented in there.

P

pcfan123

I understand Lee's sentiment though Thanda, basically the quitters will never stop and this thread will be never ending. Its just depressing :(

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
I understand Lee's sentiment though Thanda, basically the quitters will never stop and this thread will be never ending. Its just depressing :(

Is depressing indeed. Its almost as if there is a finite universe of certified non quitters and having played the game for a bit now, feel like I pretty much know who they are.

Recently, I've encountered a couple of interesting randoms who didn't quit but did something even more frustrating - stopped playing with the game on. I had to wait close to a half a minute before each delivery, and then sit through all the animations. Am fairly certain whatever anti-quitting penalty the Codies introduce, the real pain-in-the you-know-whats will still figure out how to work the system.

Lee1981

International Coach
sorry to sound so harsh but theres nothing you or i can do to stop players quitting,the lack of pinishment means your asking for trouble so you have to accept it and carry on playing or like the majority of us have done stop playing, simple as that.

D

Dutch

sorry to sound so harsh but theres nothing you or i can do to stop players quitting,the lack of pinishment means your asking for trouble so you have to accept it and carry on playing or like the majority of us have done stop playing, simple as that.

Or just find a group of players who you know will play honestly: I have had some good games with people here from PC. They seem to have all stopped though. The game is obviously too easy online for many. God I pray that something has been fundamentally changed with Ashes 10. My hope is built on the fact that PC seem to be involved in some way or the other and that some of the developers have been spotted around the forums again. Hopefully they will want to make up for a lot of BS they delivered last time.

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
Ducthad we can play i have not stoped playing i am always finding someone to play with:)

lilas11

Club Cricketer
tomboluke is a quitter got all out for 3 runs and quit when i hid the first ball for a boundary..

@thandamilk i agree with u .. having these names on forum really helps avoiding some quitters.. a number of times i have kicked out random players.. thanks to the thread

@lee .. if u dun care y do u even click on this thread leave alone post on it :sarcasm

Lee1981

International Coach
tomboluke is a quitter got all out for 3 runs and quit when i hid the first ball for a boundary..

@thandamilk i agree with u .. having these names on forum really helps avoiding some quitters.. a number of times i have kicked out random players.. thanks to the thread

@lee .. if u dun care y do u even click on this thread leave alone post on it :sarcasm

@lilas11.. your pony little list don't do nothing, post privately instead hey, you are boring everyone with your repetitive moans about quitters ,hey anyone with half a brain realised the game was swamped with quitters 7-8 months ago and stopped playing.

FunkMate

School Cricketer
@lilas11.. your pony little list don't do nothing, post privately instead hey, you are boring everyone with your repetitive moans about quitters ,hey anyone with half a brain realised the game was swamped with quitters 7-8 months ago and stopped playing.

@Lee1981..thanks to guys like lilas11 and others who faithfully report quitters on the forums for other's benefit, I saved a fair amount of time by kicking out anyone who is on the list of quitters. That "pony little list" helped put together a big daddy list of more than 250 PS3 quitters sorted alphabetically:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...uitting-please-read-58975-79.html#post1726200

I know it's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain

There's an interesting dichotomy in your posts in this thread. Why such passion about a thread you certainly don't care about? Wouldn't it be easier to mark it up as a waste of your time and not come in here, rather than universally projecting your view on the worthlessness of the thread onto others? Some of us still find use from others posting names/IDs of those that have quit on them; you don't. Simple as that mate.

Also, if the posts in here were more like "I hate quitters", "why the !#$!#$ are there so many quitters" or some such dribble like that - I'd completely agree with you that its pointless to moan about an issue we all know plagues the game. This thread though, is really a list of IDs/names of known quitters. I see the difference between the two, and I hope you can as well.

You chose to stop playing the game - that's your decision and I don't see anyone disrespecting that. Would appreciate if you'd extend others a similar freedom in choosing to do what they please (rather than suggesting everyone else stop playing, like you did).

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ankur-team

Theabove player quit on me when i was 100-1 from 9 overs.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread