Problem: Online Save Cushion for Quitters needs to go ASAP!!!

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
As expected lots of people are quitting as soon as they lose the game. Had another guy, some Pakistani guy, quit after losing. His id is Li0n_MeMoN ....the idiot quit as soon as he lost. He is at level 21 and has tons of xp....now I know how. The game was laggy and horrible....yet we finished the match before he quit as soon as I scored the final run. This is really BS.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Perhaps the game should simulate an over or two after a disconnection (which would in turn solve the problem of quitting before the scoreboard ticks over) - if there's a result, that should be how the match finishes.

RIZZYX

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As expected lots of people are quitting as soon as they lose the game. Had another guy, some Pakistani guy, quit after losing. His id is Li0n_MeMoN ....the idiot quit as soon as he lost. He is at level 21 and has tons of xp....now I know how. The game was laggy and horrible....yet we finished the match before he quit as soon as I scored the final run. This is really BS.

Having played this guy many times, I really don't think he is a quitter.

You said game was laggy and horrible so it is possible it got disconnected on the final run. Did the game save and did you request to continue it?

FNK

Club Captain
Why not we start an id thread of people who quit the game.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Perhaps the game should simulate an over or two after a disconnection (which would in turn solve the problem of quitting before the scoreboard ticks over) - if there's a result, that should be how the match finishes.

I would rather the AI takes over in place of the opponent in case the connection is lost.

jan52

Associate Cricketer
I would rather the AI takes over in place of the opponent in case the connection is lost.

Thats a great idea. I remember a multiplayer game that did that in old times , cant remember it now. But that is the best option.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
People forfeiting might not only because they're losing - the games I've forfeited have often been me forfeiting at the start when the online bugs that the game have continually happen. After losing four wickets in the first over because I've been "bowled" off of leg side wides: then I'm not going to stick around since its a waste of time from that point...

angad

Chairman of Consent
Another runaway bride:

Rr7DvuU.jpg

Yzr5GiC.jpg

Edit: Not all of them run away though. Had a match where I scored 176 off 10 overs and bowled my opponent out for 17.....yet he played the whole match. Hats off to him.

Last edited:

FNK

Club Captain
Another runaway bride:

Rr7DvuU.jpg

Yzr5GiC.jpg

Edit: Not all of them run away though. Had a match where I scored 176 off 10 overs and bowled my opponent out for 17.....yet he played the whole match. Hats off to him.

He is a pro at running away. Good that you got away with the other game the user must not be aware of that trick im sure.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I think the AI continued play (limited to say 3 overs) solution by itself is a good idea, although a probability equation may need to be implemented. For example, if innings one is over and you pass three quarters of innings two, then then any disconnects are played out with AI on Pro, maybe Veteran. In a T20, this would be a maximum of 5 overs.

BoomBoomBoom

School Cricketer
What I'd do is make it so that if the user who left the game goes to play online, any outstanding saved games against other players who are online would need to be played or forfeited first.

Indeed - if they go to 'quick play' just dump them straight into continuing the online match.

A XP reward for forfeiting or completing a blowout match might assist.

Love the idea - but

I have tried playing online a few times but

a.) got disconnected because of black screens
b.) sooo much lag i had to forfeit

These issues need to addressed foremost because imho online is pretty much broken atm.

I don't play this game online. Maybe off topic, but the only game that I played online regularly was an EA Sports Rugby game. I NEVER disconnected. I hardly won any matches. I even played through a game where my oppo played the tedious kicking game against my preferred pack phase game. It never occurred to me to disconnect. Rant over!!!! ;)

RIZZYX

International Coach
Sad thing is the better you get at this game the more quitters you will find.

All most all the matches I have played today i have got quitters.

Really want a challenging match.

(if anyone wants to give it a shot add me xx-1mr4n-xx)

Users who are viewing this thread