All you want to know about Bigant Cricket

srk121

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/images/shared/Test.jpg

These information are given by BigAntStudios.

cheerleaders and all that will actually be there?

Yes, all of the presentation values, lighting systems, players systems (sweat, etc...) have all come across from out previous games.

Where they are appropriate, cheerleaders, ticker tape, celebrations, fireworks, etc.. will be there

Why all of a sudden BigAnt came with their screenshots? were you waiting for Trickstar to announce their title?

The timing has more to do with the Rugby League (RLL2) game being shipped.

Crowd and Stadiums looks amazing in RL title, is cricket going to feature similar stature of ditails of the stadiums, players, and crowds?

If anything the detail and lighting is better. RLL2 had lighting that was swapped in/out over time, Cricket has dynamic lighting that has the sun incrementally move, shadows dynamically changing and cloud effects. We want you to feel that you are batting the middle of a cauldren, to feel tingles in your spine when you walk onto the field (I think we got that right with the grand final run on in RLL2).

Career mode, Would you be again similar to RL if it is so, then it would be amazing

Our Cricket will have the same depth in terms of the career mode as RLL2 but not the same number of licenses. (RLL2 had 100+ licensed teams in it's career mode from u17's and up.) I am hoping that the player creator makes up for the lack of licenses, and the ability for people to share teams that they have created - any one elses team you meet online is automatically stored on your system for you to keep. We believe this will keep the game fresh and allow great longevity.

One thing that all the past cricket games did NOT have was the unpredicatablity of the Bowl. Has this been captured accordingly?

We are trying a few different things, the easy thing is a perfect ball everytime, the difficulty is how much randomisation there is and how to balance that with player skill. There is an idea that if a player has perfect input then they should get the perfect result but that makes for a dull game when a player gets perfect muscle memory over time. As we are not using quick time events this is less of a problem for us. FIFA has used some interesting shot modification techniques in the past that we are also looking at including making things more difficult when under pressure.

How much does the stamina, Fatigue, Injuries, form, previous innings play part in the game?

Stamina, Fatigue, Injuries, form, previous innings are very influentual, players need to be managed well.

Is there like a touring countires to countries type of creeer mode as well as individual career mode?

More on the Career mode will follow. I should clear up early though that this is not a "be a pro mode".

Feild setting has been the biggest let down, and lack of AI thinking. How is this game different? and what measures are being taken to avoid these fatal errors from past games?

All I can say is that I think this is under control, if you could tell me your biggest dislikes from the previous then I will try to make sure we don't fall into the same traps.

will we be able to share rosters as simply as IC10?

Sharing player rosters and created players couldn't be simpler, you meet a team online and you automatically have their team saved in your custom team list. You can then use the team as is, modify it, or take individual players out into your own side You can make teams, competitions, edit both player and team names.

what are we looking at in terms of online features? Will it just be single H2H matches and private matches like AFL Live or will there be more in depth online modes like FIFA?

Every mode in Cricket has an online option, it is head to head or co-operative (all player controller selection screens have an online selection also).

There are also online tournaments.

It would be an outrageous claim to say it would have the depth of FIFA or Madden (over time maybe but not for this release).

So do we have a manager-like mode?

That is the mode that I refer to as Career mode. I can't give detail right now but if you were to look at the our RLL2 game it would give an idea of what we will be delivering.

Any chance of created teams and competitions being able to be used in 'career mode'?

100% definite - biggest issue people have had with RLL2 has been that only licensed teams can be used in the Career mode, this will not be the case with Cricket (it is a design issue, not a technical one).

Can we save the replay whenever we want?

Unfortunately there is no plan at the moment to include an "anytime" replay function.

The replay system we do have implemented will post to YouTube (automatically linking a Facebook link to the video on your wall if you have it activated).

I hope there will different presentations too (like Hawkeye, Bowling worm, charts)

It is important and I'm not the right guy to discuss it, there are others at Big Ant that are at the coal face and understand the systems intimately, I will get them on here at some point for a Q&A.

We won't be using the licensed names of those things mentioned but I think you will get all of the things you would expect

This game seems quite good from the screen shot. But you can't always judge a book by it's cover.

Absolutley agree. This is why where there are similarities I refer to the AFL and Rugby League games so much so that it can be seen that there is a track record of implementation not just talk.

It's also why we have play sessions prior to games being released, we have nothing to hide and want to make sure that everyone sees what they are getting before they committ to a purchase.

why not fill us in with how this project was born and what made you give it a green signal? 'You did mention it was your pet project too...'

Like many here I have enjoyed Cricket games of the past but I have always thought that they were mostly along the same theme, lots of markers and mini-games almost like it was some sort of dance-dance-revolution on a joypad. I have always wanted to play a cohesive game with a consistent flow where you felt a part of everything that was going on, that you were a part of a team, and where it is just as much fun to bowl/field as it is to bat.

I guess it's a pretty boring story really, I just like Cricket and am surrounded by friends, family and staff that also love the game. If nothing else we will bring a different perspective and the game will be like nothing you have encountered before.

Just wanted to know about the sounds in the game

Sound is extremely important to us, if you watch TV with the sound off it's less than half of the experience. We will be making sure that there are good audio queues in the game and that it is atmospheric as possible (If you look at the RLL2 Grand Final clip linked here somewhere in one of the threads I think you will get the idea with regard to atmosphere).

Will we see such variation in Stadium Animations or will it be generic?

Crowds will vary, as will crowd numbers and related sounds based on what is happening in the match.

What is the actual name of this game? Just Big Ant Cricket?

I wanted to call it BA Cricket but thought that I might get into a bit of trouble

We will reveal the name at a closer time to launch.

How about the commentary?

The commentary won't be delivered by us reading from a script - no one should be subjected to that!

We will record 40+ hours of commentary however the commentary will get boring after a while, I wish I could promise you it wouldn't but unfortunately it always will because of the amount of time the game is played.

Rain and bad light can be optionally turned on/off. We have a really good dynamic weather system in place from the Rugby League games so I want to use them.

EDIT: I should say that if I don't answer a question it won't mean I missed it, it will generally mean I can't - the specific modes of play will be announced at another time.

will they be patched? Or will we be left to live with it?

We've continued to provide support for every game we've made, including patches, DLC, etc...

AFL has a Game of the Year Edition that added teams and stadia.

Cricket is personal for me, as mentioned before, I have family playing Cricket including a son on law on tour tight now in Mumbai with a representative indigenous squad. It's a long term investment

So what is your role in the company?

I'm the CEO, I founded Big Ant Studios, been in the industry since 1979 (that's when I was first published anyway), so I'm pretty old

I'll be hanging around for a while, if you check out Bigfooty you'll see i have thousands of posts on there both before and after AFL Live.

Does it mean it has more to do with management that actual play in the field

You manage/coach (train, hire, fire) the team and also can play the games or simulate them.

More to follow............... thanks

Users who are viewing this thread