How do you get the option of getting a win online?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am on PS3 and was under the impression that in case someone quits online you are given an option to either save the match or accept a win based on the position of the match. Yesterday I played a 5 over online match and my opponent managed 7 runs. I was 6/0 in 0.2 overs when he quit but I still wasn't given an option to take the win. Surely the match situation is as one sided as it could be in my favor and should have resulted in a win. But all I got was an option to save the game.

@fiction is there something I need to do on my side to convert that save into the win or am I missing something? Do let me know.

Also another thing I've seen is that when someone quits just as the match completes but before you get to the scorecards after the match, the match doesn't result in a win. At least this is what I saw y'day when I didn't get a win updated on the online leaderboard despite winning the match.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Concerning the win on the Scoreboard :

Its normally a good couple of hours before the win gets registestered on the Online rankings board .

I personally think that they should award a player the match if he has tried say 10 times to resume the match when the other player is also online , or something to that effect. Problem only comes in that when its a random guy , you wont know when he is online to try and get him to resume the day .

rnjthkmr

School Cricketer
Sir, as I read in the other thread, Mr. Ross has said that DBC14 doesnt have a server which will recognize who is online and who is not. So my opinion would be give option to save or take win (instead of No option). Winners will definitely not quit on purpose. So losers cant save the game. Even if it is net connection problem let both parties take win option. It is not going bother anyone

fiction

County Cricketer
I am on PS3 and was under the impression that in case someone quits online you are given an option to either save the match or accept a win based on the position of the match. Yesterday I played a 5 over online match and my opponent managed 7 runs. I was 6/0 in 0.2 overs when he quit but I still wasn't given an option to take the win. Surely the match situation is as one sided as it could be in my favor and should have resulted in a win. But all I got was an option to save the game.

@fiction is there something I need to do on my side to convert that save into the win or am I missing something? Do let me know.

Also another thing I've seen is that when someone quits just as the match completes but before you get to the scorecards after the match, the match doesn't result in a win. At least this is what I saw y'day when I didn't get a win updated on the online leaderboard despite winning the match.
We can't disclose the mechanism behind it as it'd create room for exploits.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
We can't disclose the mechanism behind it as it'd create room for exploits.

Well as the OP states it's already an exploit. If I don't get a win while I'm 6/0 after 0.2 overs while chasing a total of 7 in 5 overs, the system is inherently broken.

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well as the OP states it's already an exploit. If I don't get a win while I'm 6/0 after 0.2 overs while chasing a total of 7 in 5 overs, the system is inherently broken.
The system isn't broken at all. What's broken, is people's mindset.

For one, we have the fact that nobody actually ever gets credited for a Loss online. This was a big attempt by us to ensure that the user would not worry about losses, as completing a match and losing gives the end user XP towards their online leaderboard tally. While quitting means the match they've played was for naught. We even offer a forfeit option to the user who wants to legitimately quit.

The problem with cricket is that a result is never guaranteed. Take the Aus/India match just gone. At 4pm on Saturday I'd have given the win to the Indians, but little more than 2 hours later, the Aussies had cleaned the entire team up and claimed the win. Things can change in the blink of an eye, so we have to take into account that, on top of things like the match format (one that can take 5 in-game days and upwards of 500 overs) which complicate things even more.

All I can say is that you need to approach online with the mentality that whatever happens you're going to have fun. Don't worry about a W or a L or a D, just have fun playing a game you seemingly love online.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Perhaps the amount of completed lost matches might be a good multiplying factor in the formula to decide on when to give the match to the other player.

Still - I don't play anything other than matches against people on my friends list, and don't see why anyone would play random online matches without assuming that the other player will disconnect when losing.

kushari

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Perhaps the amount of completed lost matches might be a good multiplying factor in the formula to decide on when to give the match to the other player.

Still - I don't play anything other than matches against people on my friends list, and don't see why anyone would play random online matches without assuming that the other player will disconnect when losing.

Absolutely Agree here with @MattW I think I have played the most (Online Matches and Hours than anyone in DBC14 (Steam Platform), and I can vouch that Online Mode is the most fun I had playing this game. I too only play with guys who are on my Friend List....And whenever I do sometime play with a random guy, I play it without any expectation and just to have fun till it last...So, absolutely AVOID playing with a Random Guy and you will enjoy it like anything.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
The Randoms I use purely for practice , as I expect a quitter around every corner . They are there for getting the time filled between the serious games with people you know.

Users who are viewing this thread