Woolmer warns tour could be in jeopardy

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Bob Woolmer, Pakistan's coach, has hinted that the forthcoming one-day series against England could be scrapped if Inzamam-ul-Haq is found guilty for bringing the game into disrepute. If they do so, the Pakistan Cricket Board would risk a fine of $2m (approx pound;1.1m) and a possible suspension by the ICC.

? Cricinfo
Read Full story

I think it's appalling to try and blackmail the ICC by making this announcement now. They're effectively saying find us innocent or else.

Yes, this is turning really ugly really quickly. I think Pakistan should let the investigation take its path, but I can understand where they're coming from--the ICC will probably drag the situation underground.

It is a foolish move because it either means that Pakistan are guilty and they know it, or that they do not trust the ICC in their investigation.

How foolish...that being said, I have never liked Darell Hair and think him as a glory hogg who wants all the attention. Personally I think Pakistan are innocent of ball tampering.

Manee

I've no problem if Pakistan cancels the tour if Inzamam gets banned, although I really want to see the ODI series, since playing cricket is eventually a method to please the crowd and loosen the tention between countries. Like cricket played an important role between Pakistan and India.

If the series does go ahead, I don't expect it to be a very friendly one. : /
Pakistan will welcome back Shoaib Akhtar with open arms.

I hope Woolmer sees sense and let's the tour go ahead; If he and Pakistan pull out then they are punishing England for no reason whatsoever, and all of the fans who have tickets - including myself - would lose a great deal of respect for Pakistan.

barmyarmy said:
I think it's appalling to try and blackmail the ICC by making this announcement now. They're effectively saying find us innocent or else.
I completely agree. If they pull out they deserve to be suspended from the ICC.

Well I dont want Pakistan to be suspended. However they cannot be allowed to hold the ICC to ransom.

Kev said:
Well I dont want Pakistan to be suspended. However they cannot be allowed to hold the ICC to ransom.
Agreed, but the ICC cannot continue their trend of ignoring issues that obviously unsettle certain cricketing nations. The ICC would be inexistent if teams didn't play cricket. How long did it take them to remove Asoka de Silva from the elite panel? He had been in bad form for at least 2-3 years before they downgraded him.

Bob Woolmer is playing with fire here.
Playing a part in Pakistan not coming out after tea and now this.
He is putting Pakistan cricket in trouble.

Yeah thats rite Pakistan should beat Enland and show them their strenght......InshAllah Pakistan will win this series......PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!!!

Users who are viewing this thread