Shahid Afridi
Dale Steyn
Shane Bond
Dirk Nannes
Shaun Tait

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
^ I can't believe you chose Kallis to open, he loses more games for his team :facepalm

Well thats because of the setup he is in with SA. You get Smith, Gibbs and as the top 3 and all of them play at pretty much the same pace. With Gayle with Him, he is likely to stablize one end without worrying about the Runrate.

Num

Club Cricketer
1. Warner
2. Watson
3. Jayawardene
4. DHussey
5. Morgan
6. McCullum (wk)
7. Afridi
8. Vettori (c)
9. Malinga
10. Nannes
11. Tait

TumTum

International Cricketer
Well thats because of the setup he is in with SA. You get Smith, Gibbs and as the top 3 and all of them play at pretty much the same pace. With Gayle with Him, he is likely to stablize one end without worrying about the Runrate.

This is T20 not Test or ODI.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
So many changes from last years. We had hard time deciding which 2 openers to pick from Dilshan, GG, Gayle, McCullum, Kallis, Gibbs, Sehwag. All gone (except Gayle, who was almost gone). Or which keeper to pick.

I am just gonna pick the English keeper opener. He wasnt anything great with the bat. But he was the best keeper batsman. Pretty much all the other keepers failed. And He also gets rid 1 opener. I would just pick Watson, but then any other keeper who bats 3-7 will fling up my team. So here it is

Warner
CK +
KP/AB
Dussey
White
Morgen
Pollard / N McCullum 5
Mitch 4
Aamer 1
Tait 2
Nannes 3

SickASS!! only Qs is, who's gonna be the skipper?

*wont take Malinga. He is only good during IPL

TumTum

International Cricketer
When Did I speak about the ODIs or Tests :facepalm

When you said "he is likely to stablize one end without worrying about the Runrate"

There is no point for that kind of innings in a T20, example Australia is winning when Clarke isn't getting to face many balls :laugh

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
McCullum's got a far better T20i record than both those guys. Dhoni's a fine ODi batsman, but has been pretty poor in T20's. Sangakkara's done ok, but McCullum has a reputation as an excellent finisher in NZ, has a better strike rate than both those guys and has more T20i runs than any other player. I don't think there's a better International T20i wicket-keeper than McCullum.
That might be true but he is an opener so it doesnt matter if you are good finisher or not that's why i'd go with sanga or dhoni. Dhoni too has a rep to be destructive at the end.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
When you said "he is likely to stablize one end without worrying about the Runrate"

There is no point for that kind of innings in a T20, example Australia is winning when Clarke isn't getting to face many balls :laugh

There are instances when teams just simply collapse. In that case you do need a player like Kallis. Personally I dont want a team full of sloggers, what happens if all of them fail?. Kallis has done well in T20s, he was the 2nd highest scorer for SA in the 2009 WC, and does accelerate when he gets his eye in. Although that does take its time. But when you have got other stroke players in that team, I am willing to put him in there.

TumTum

International Cricketer
There are instances when teams just simply collapse. In that case you do need a player like Kallis. Personally I dont want a team full of sloggers, what happens if all of them fail?. Kallis has done well in T20s, he was the 2nd highest scorer for SA in the 2009 WC, and does accelerate when he gets his eye in. Although that does take its time. But when you have got other stroke players in that team, I am willing to put him in there.

He will most likely lose you a match than save you one. You will struggle to post 180+ with him opening.

It is better of you have 2 aggressive stroke players at the top and a floating defensive player to come in early if you lose lots of wickets.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
@Riz you mean ▼ this team could beat mine? ya right.. That team is out of date, so last year. Except Tait all are out of form or not even playing!

1. BB McCullum
2. GC Smith (c)
3. KC Sangakkara
4. BJ Hodge
5. LRPL Taylor
6. Shahid Afridi
7. MS Dhoni (wk)
8. DL Vettori
9. SL Malinga
10. U Gul
11. SW Tait

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Warner
Jayawardene
Pietersen
Sangakkara+*
Morgan
MHussey
Sammy
Swann
Ajmal
Tait
Nannes

Wanted to include Malinga but Nannes and Tait are a really good opening pair.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Watson
Jayawerdene
Pietersen
Morgan(WK)
C.White
D.Hussey
Matthews
Johnson
Bhajji