Yahoo Mail question.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sometimes, if I can't watch a sporting event live, I like to watch the highlights as though I'm watching the live event (in other words, I don't look at the results). Trouble is, whenever I go on yahoo mail, it just blabs out the results! Is there an option in there to turn off these damn sports reports?

KBC

Panel of Selectors
LOL! It's an updates function for every yahoo user as you know. Let's make this simple, Since you joined yahoo! You are member of it and automatically get the subscriptions.

Did you try out the Yahoo! Classic or tried accessing your yahoo! control panel?

Weird, i never did that sort of thing earlier, just assuming. I'll try help you. :) ..

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well, especially with something like Football First, they do give you a generous portion of the full match, so if I miss the match (or it wasn't shown on TV), then I like to catch that and enjoy it without knowing the result...

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Yahoo mail isn't the right place then. Change your yahoo! mail look to classic, it's simple and doesn't piss off too much with the gadgets and updates.

Sites like footballhighlights is perfect for you, i guess :). It just gives the description like the match is played between TEAM A and TEAM B and doesn't show results in the videos section.

I will look into it, i can help you with this, or if possible, just contact yahoo! with this issue. :)..

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
If you go to Options (top right) then select mail options, then where it says When I first visit Mail: select Show me my Inbox rather than Show me my home tab

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Thanks! Just what I was looking for.

Edit: Hmm, that option doesn't seem to appear and I've tried Yahoo Classic as well...

Edit: I think I've sorted it, the sports tab was always selected by default, so I've set that to news, so that's what should come up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread