• Libertarian Party

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Abstain

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It's clever really. You bugger up the economy, refuse to let the other guy fix it and then get voted back in. Voters have short memories.

P

pcfan123

Which means the Dems might win the Congressionals in 2014.

Maybe having control of Congress would be better than a President they are going to stonewall.

P

pcfan123

Ready to vote,

Also whoever wins I am going to vote straight party. So you'll be voting for about 20 Democratic or Republican positions. These races, especially the State ones actually matter because I live in a Democratic district despite being in Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pcfan123

Rumor has it the Obama camp has some great dirt on Mitt. The next month will be exciting

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Rumor has it the Obama camp has some great dirt on Mitt.
Well considering he can't point to his record as Governor because of Romneycare, can't point to his record at Bain because his few successes like Staples are far outweighed by the thousands of job cuts, then what's left is the Olympics in terms of Romney success stories. If Obama's campaign can destroy that, Romney has nothing left to point to.

P

pcfan123

and the deal is off.

I was relatively apathetic to both guys until Obama opened his mouth about the assault weapons ban.

Never mind that all statistics show that the ban had no effect on crime or that "assault" weapons are rarely used in crime.

Sad attempt to rally the liberal California types and he lost my vote because of it.

I really hope he loses now, it's not like he would make a difference if he won and we'd just risk him spending more and creating more government interference in our lives.

NOBAMA 2012

6ry4nj

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
so this is the October surprise???? :lol

But seriously we all knew you were bluffing, as PC is a politically quite sane place so it was bound to vote for Obama, whereas you - if you vote - were always going to vote Republican or Libertarian.

Just disappointed you didn't feel the need to squirm much in pulling out of the deal... :(

P

pcfan123

I voted for him in 08 so I get some credit.

and it was not a bluff, I genuinely had no interest in either man. Now I have something at stake. I can easily see him pandering to the gun control nazis.

And saying only the Dems are sane shows your own bias.

6ry4nj

International Coach
And saying only the Dems are sane shows your own bias.
That wasn't what I said, although I would maintain that it is virtually always saner to vote Democrat compared to that other major party. (I say 'virtually always' only because I might have made an exception in the case of LBJ...)

Ron Paul would have done some good things, from what I hear, but was he ever really a contender? Same with the Libertarians, I would respect a vote for them (whether I agree with them on anything or not...), but it's 99.999% likely to be wasted.

You voted for Obama last time? Wow - I'm impressed... really. Especially as I imagine that must have been hard for you. :cheers

harrisb

International Coach
This may sound odd to you mark, but it seems that everybody who isn't in America see it as a straight-forward Obama win, yet in America you seem to over think the simplicity of the choice..

The debate the other night was a prime example, Obama was happy to stand and answer questions, Romney kept dodging the questions and going on about how he was going to increase expenditure whilst cutting taxes. :facepalm

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
and it was not a bluff, I genuinely had no interest in either man. Now I have something at stake. I can easily see him pandering to the gun control nazis.
Obama's actions have been expanded gun rights, allowing them in national parks. Romney on the other hand signed an assault weapons ban in Massachusetts.

They both *say* a lot of things, but Obama hasn't taken your guns in his first term and the power of the NRA will ensure that whatever his personal policy, he's not going to pass any significant gun control in a second.

Besides - you're in Texas, your vote for President doesn't matter.

P

pcfan123

You voted for Obama last time? Wow - I'm impressed... really. Especially as I imagine that must have been hard for you. :cheers

I may sound conservative by European standards but I am actually a Democrat, at least by voting record.

I'm a card carrying member of the ACLU, I am pro-choice, pro-gay rights, anti-gun control, anti-illegal immigration, pro legal immigration , pro death penalty, anti-capital gains tax, anti government regulation of finance, pro social health care.

No body is politically black and white, that's just what TV wants you to think. This is precisely why the 2 party system is crap, nobody falls 100% on either side and if they tell you they do, they are either too stupid to think for themselves or lying. I have to compromise a lot by voting Democratic and when that compromise becomes too much, I will go to the Republicans.

Ideally, I fancy myself a Libertarian, but thats not realistic. 3rd parties will never accomplish anything other than maintaining public finance for their campaigns.

Besides - you're in Texas, your vote for President doesn't matter.

On the surface of it. But if we are ever going to change away from the electoral college it will only happen after another Bush Gore type fiasco an that mean popular vote.

So yes, it does not mean much in the way of winning the state, but a vote cast is never a vote wasted.

----------

Obama's actions have been expanded gun rights, allowing them in national parks. Romney on the other hand signed an assault weapons ban in Massachusetts.

I never said I was going to vote for Mitt. I despise him, I only slightly dislike Obama.

2nd term Obama does scare me, my taxes will probably go down under either guy so I'm not worried. I just think he's going to get all FDR and spend a fortune.

Neither guy is going to reduce the military budget significantly, which is what needs to be done,

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
How long did you have to wait to vote Mark? I heard that some places over there have like 3 hour queues which is pretty crazy, considering that down here we can just rock up and vote straight away.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Signs are that Obama is all set for a second term at the office. This election has been pretty close, which means if Obama gets picked to office, he needs to do far more than what he did last term to win more people by his side.

P

pcfan123

About 20 minutes. I was at the grocery store and they had a polling center there, only about 10 people in line. I live in the suburbs though, I bet it's mad house in the cities.

Voted straight Democrat except for state elections where I voted Libertarian.

Also voted no on all local bond issues and tax hikes.

----------

if Obama gets picked to office, he needs to do far more than what he did last term to win more people by his side.

If he wins, he does not need to appease anybody. He's limited out, that's what makes an incumbent so dangerous

Users who are viewing this thread