Your current favourite player from each international cricket team

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who is your current favourite player from each international cricket team and why?

These are mine:
1)Australia-Mitchell Johnson-awesome bowler
2)India-Rahul Dravid- Can be boring to watch sometimes, but still a great player and a nice bloke too.
3) South Africa-Albie Morkel-love the way he hits the ball.
4) New zealand-Brendon Mccullum-Same reason as Morkel.
5) England- Andrew Flintoff- solid batsmen and dangerous bowler
6) Srilanka-Kumar Sangakarra-A good wicket keeper and a batsman.
7) West Indies-Adrian Bharath- I became fan of him after today's innings.
8) Bangladesh-Tamim Iqbal-Very good talent for Bangladesh cricket.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Very difficult to pick just one player from each team

1) Australia- Shane Watson
2) India- Rahul Dravid/Sachin/Zak/Yuvi Singh/Viru/Sree
3) South Africa- Graeme Smith
4) New zealand- Vettori, for his consistency
5) England- Fred/KP/Jim Anderson
6) Sri Lanka- Kumar Sangakarra/Dilshan
7) West Indies- Jerome/Fidel/Gayle
8) Bangladesh-Shakib al Hasan

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Australia: Michael Clarke, Brett Lee
India: Rahul Dravid, MS Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja, Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma
South Africa: AB De Villiers, JP Duminy, Graeme Smith, Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Jacques Kallis
New Zealand: Shane Bond, Martin Guptill, Ross Taylor, Brendon McCullum
England: Andrew Flintoff, Kevin Pietersen, James Anderson, Ian Bell
Sri Lanka: Kumar Sangakarra, Nuwan Kulasekara, Lasith Malinga, Chamara Kapugedera
West Indies: Jerome Taylor, Adrian Barath, Dinesh Ramdin, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Dwayne Bravo
Bangladesh: Shakib al Hasan
Pakistan: Mohammad Aamer, Umar Akmal, Mohammad Asif, Fawad Alam, Shoaib Akhtar, Shoaib Malik

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Australia: Ricky Ponting

India: Napoleon Einstein

South Africa: Dale Steyn

New Zealand: Daniel Vettori

England: James Anderson

Sri Lanka: Kumar Sangakarra

West Indies: Jerome Taylor

Bangladesh: dont know anyone

metallics2006

International Coach
Australia - Mitchell Johnson - Fastest left arm fastie I have seen in a while. Love it when he slogs too.

Bangladesh - Shakib Al Hasan - Enough said.

England - Kevin Pietersen - Superb player. Love his switch hits. Been a fan since he went to South Africa and hit those hundreds when the crowd booed him a lot.

India - Sehwag - Just move away from a match for a few minutes when he gets out and only return later if the match gets interesting again. Top player.

NZ - Shane Bond - Fierce fast bowler if I have ever seen one. No batsman in the world is safe when he is bowling.

Pakistan - Umar Akmal - Looks like he was destined to play for Pakistan already. Supremely talented. One of the best young talents going around atm.

South Africa - Graeme Smith - Can become explosive during a match whenever he wants to. Team always in with a chance to win if he is still at the crease.

Sri Lanka - Muthiah Muralitharan - The spin bowler of the century.

West Indies - Dwayne Bravo - Explosive player. Runs in hard and bowls with the same energy any time in the game.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Aus : Shane Watson
Eng : P.Collingwood
Ind : The Playing XI
NZ : Vettori
RSA : J.P.Duminy
SL : K.Sangakarra
WI : D.Ganga(Hope He Plays Soon)
Zim : Conventry
Bang : Shakib Ul Hasan
Pak : None actually but to name i will name U.Akmal just on this performance

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Australia - Brett Lee

India - ALL (sp. Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni)

England - NONE

South Africa - AB De Villiers

Sri Lanka - Tillekeratne Dilshan

Pakistan - NONE

West Indies - Chris Gayle

New Zealand - Shane Bond, Daniel Vettori

Bangladesh - Tamim Iqbal

King Cricket

International Coach
Australia - Brett Lee - One of the best fast bowlers of the modern era. Is a real treat to watch when he's on song. Too bad his form has slipped quite a bit in the past couple of years, because had Lee been able to maintain the consistency he had back in 2005 or 2006, he could well have been a legend by now.

Bangladesh - Tamim Iqbal- Steady, fluent, and teeming with youth; has a different type of charisma which is matched by very few players of the present day.

England - Ryan Sidebottom- Love his ginger hair. :D 'Nuff said.

India - Sachin Tendulkar- Besides being my favourite player, he's also the player I respect the most. The guy is undoubtedly India's greatest player ever, yet he doesn't have even the tiniest pinch of pride in his heart. Is a true gentleman of the game. Every cricketer should try to follow these examples set by him.

NZ - Martin Guptill- He has just two toes in one of his feet. Apparently it might not seem to be any major blow, but when I consider the fact that our toes have immense immense importance when it comes to walking and running, it sometimes makes me wonder how he manages to cope up so well with the demands of a sport like cricket, where you have to walk/run every single second. Hats off to this guy's iron-strong determination!

South Africa - Greame Smith- A perfect skipper, a perfect player, and a perfect gentleman. Do I need to say anything more?

Sri Lanka - Sanath Jayasuriya - The guy is 40 and is still playing! Not to forget that he's as fit as ever. Really, how can a human manage this miracle?

Pakistan- Younis Khan- One of the best Pakistani skippers of this decade. He loves his country, loves his team, and loves his fellow team-mates. Out of the many rotten apples in the basket, he is one of the few fresh ones. YK is not at all like his other team members, who, just to serve their own narrow interests, don't hesitate one bit to revolt against a captain who cares for them the most. I was simply shocked when I first came across that piece of news. Shameless fools!

West Indies- Chris Gayle- An excellent blend of aggression, and perfection. Love the way he bats! Always remain glued in front of the television whenever he's at the crease. Amazing cricketer!

Last edited:

JD10

International Cricketer
1)Australia-Ricky Pointing - Look at his stats
2)India-Yuvraj Singh - Awesome bat and can chip in with 5 good overs
3) South Africa- Greame Smith - Great leader
4) New zealand- Brendon McCullum - Awesome keeper and bat
5) England-Paul Collingwood - Best allrounder in the world imo
6) Srilanka- Mahela Jawardane - solid bat
7) West Indies- Chris Gayle - Love the way he hits it
8) Bangladesh- Tamim Iqbal - Good talent

CricketPlayer55

International Coach
Australia - Brett Lee

England - Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Flintoff, Andrew Strauss, Alastair Cook, James Anderson, Steve Harmison

India - Tendulkar

New Zealand - Brendon McCullum - gotta love his pull/hook shots! and Shane Bond.

South Africa - Herschelle Gibbs - did I spell his name correctly? :spy

Sri Lanka - Sangakarra, Jayasuriya, Mendis, Murali, Dilshan

Pakistan - Afridi, Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Umar Gul, Mohammad Aamir/Aamer/Amir, Imran Nazir, Yousuf

West Indies - Chris Gayle

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
England: Kevin Pietersen - Any need for an explanation? :p
Australia: Michael Clarke - Didn't like him in 2005, have grown to really like the guy. Excellent batsman that's easy on the eye, extremely classy and with bags of talent. Going to be one of the worlds best in the next 10 years.
India: Sachin Tendulkar - The guy's a genius. The greatest player of his generation, what's not to like?
South Africa: Dale Steyn - Best fast bowler in the world, quality in all conditions, takes wickets and bowls fast. Nothing better.
New Zealand: Shane Bond - Quality bowler, nice to see him back in International cricket.
Sri Lanka: Muttiah Muralitharan - Likeable bloke and an amazing bowler. Easy pick.
West Indies: Dwayne Bravo - Passionate about the game, clearly loves what he's doing and he's entertaining. Awesome to watch.
Pakistan: Mohammed Aamer - He's 17, quick and has bags of potential. So long as he avoids the controversies of Akhtar and Asif and manages to remain fairly injury free he's going to have a long, long career.
Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal - Just quality to watch, real talented young guy.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
England: Kevin Pietersen
Australia: Ricky Ponting
India: Sachin Tendulkar
South Africa: Graeme Smith
New Zealand: Shane Bond
Sri Lanka: Mehala Jayawardene
West Indies: Chris Gayle
Pakistan: Mohammed Aamer and Umer Akmal
Bangladesh: Sakib-ul-Hassan

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Mine favourite players are:
Australia:Brett Lee, Mike Hussey.
Bangladesh:Shakib ul hasan, Alok Kapali
England:Eoin Morgan, Andrew Flintoff.
India:Sachin Tendulkar, Viru, zaheer, Sreesanth, Bhajji and many.
West Indies:Brian Lara, Bravo brothers, Barath.
Sri Lanka:Mutthiah Murlidharan.
South Africa:Albie, Smith, De Villiers, Steyn.
Pakistan:Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi.
New Zealand:Ross, Vettori, Brandon McCullum, Bond.

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
India- Rahul Dravid (Sehwag, Gambhir, Tendulkar, Yuvraj, Zaheer Khan tied for 2nd :))

Australia- Brett Lee (the only remotely likeable player on their unclassy, generally bitchy team)

Pakistan- Kamran Akmal (have you listened to him when he's wicket-keeping? Pure comedy)

England- No one (they're all boring)

New Zealand - Shane Bond fo' sho'. Dude's a monster when healthy.

Sri Lanka- Kumar Sangakkara (great player in all forms)

West Indies- Chris Gayle (fun to watch, quiet confidence)

South Africa - Jacques Kallis (won me my World T-20 fantasy league)

Max Peters

Club Captain
Australia:Ben Hilfenhaus. Nice player who doesn't over react too much like some of the other aussies.
Bangladesh: Shakib Al Hasan. Great allrounder who looks to be someone who can finally lead Bangladesh to victories.
England: Stuart Broad: Great bowler who is also a handy lower order batsmen.
India: Sachin Tendulkar: Just a great batsmen who doesn't seem to disappoint at any time.
West Indies: Dwayne Bravo: Great allrounder who is great to watch playing.
Sri Lanka: Angelo Mathews of course:A star for the future. Sri Lanka might have just found there lower order slogger they've been looking for.
South Africa: Albie Morkel: Love to watch his batting at the end of the innings.
Pakistan: Mohammed Aamer: Pakistan's future in bowling. Just 17 and already proving havoc for batting line ups around the world.
New Zealand: Daniel Vettori: The best player probably in the world of test cricket right now. Great bowling and great batting too now.

Users who are viewing this thread