Your reaction when seeing old posts by you

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just thank god. Like really. A lot of times. For making sure I didn't stay what I was back then! :facepalm

Probably thinking of the wrong guy, but was it you who was Admin of Planetgaming? Or something similar. Didn't think it was but struggling to think who the illusive man is.

It's strange reminiscing past days at PC as I posted here from the age of 11 to about 14, which is insanely young, but formed such formed memories. PC guided me through the early teenage years, if you like. Whilst another forum is now guiding me through the latter, more troublesome teenage years. Having an adverse effect, no doubt.

But yeah. Safe to say times have changed drastically since we all graced this board for the first time. Sadly.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
That's Hitterman ain't it? The admin of CricketGaming? Terrible site.

My posts from the start weren't too bad, as this isn't my first time on an internet forum. But my first time, I was simply awful.

The online world is very different to the real world and it's funny seeing people get accustomed to it.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
No difference. I have been posting pretty much the same way since I started here at PC. I haven't changed as PC has come on, and I consider that good that I have maintained a straight line.:D

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I do believe this is my first ever post! :D

Hello, I am new to this forum. I gave up on EA's cricket games after 2005, but I have since become aware of the many unofficial updates and improvements that people have made. I have read many negative comments on BLIC 2007 so I'm not too hopeful for the game when my copy arrives next week. What I want to know is:

1. Has EA Cricket got 360 degree batting, like the demo for BLIC 2007? I'm fed up with 2005 because your shots always seem to find the fielders, unless you hit it in the air. If not, is there a patch that implements it?

2. Are there updates for kits, faces, new stadiums, new rosters etc?

3. Does the CPU occasionally play defensive shots and do they look realistic?

4. Are the wicket keepers as retarded as they were in 2005, constantly giving away unnecessary byes and wides?

5. Are there patches for new sound effects and crowd chants?

6. Is there a career mode, where the year advances at the end and there are tests, ODIs and World Cup/ICC Trophy tournaments (if scheduled for that year?)

7. Are there stats that pop up by themselves, instead of having to dig them out of the menus?

8. What are the bowling/batting/fielding animations like?

9. What are the sound effects like?

10. Is there an appeal button and a leave button?

11. Does the ball come at you nice and fast, so you're actually challenged when batting?

12. Do pitches/weather change day to day? (In the case of weather, session to session)?

I could go on, but I don't want this to turn into an essay To sum up, do these patches and updates etc make EA 2007 into an enoyable, realistic (but not frustrating) and challenging cricket game? Do they make it into a cricket game worth blowing ?20/?30 on?

Ahh, come on, someone answer? Don't tell me this forum's like the one at gamingaccess, where no one wants to answer my questions

I don't believe my posting style has changed that much, if at all. :) That last bit must have been added in an edit - so glad to find this forum is much more helpful!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Apparently my first two posts were answering questions for people, so I'd suggest I'm far more of a troll now than then :spy

angryangy

ICC Chairman
You've got to buy their trust before you can reel them in. I'm still planning my endgame. :spy

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Probably thinking of the wrong guy, but was it you who was Admin of Planetgaming? Or something similar. Didn't think it was but struggling to think who the illusive man is.

It's strange reminiscing past days at PC as I posted here from the age of 11 to about 14, which is insanely young, but formed such formed memories. PC guided me through the early teenage years, if you like. Whilst another forum is now guiding me through the latter, more troublesome teenage years. Having an adverse effect, no doubt.

But yeah. Safe to say times have changed drastically since we all graced this board for the first time. Sadly.

Good to see you again.
The biggest change is always in the members who join when they're pretty young but that said we've had a few total spammers turn into good member as well (and vice versa ;))

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I cringe but then again I forget how long ago it really was. I'm a completely different person now in every regard pretty much

Users who are viewing this thread