Your streaks in the nets

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not able to play as my PC is pretty old and waiting for XBox version, but a couple of things Im wanting to know:

1) how accurate is the bounce in relation to the length?
2) Does the length of the ball and choosing between front foot/back foot make sense?

Im asking because I played IC2010 for the heck of it the other day and within 5 minitues I was infuriated all over again about the terrible implementation of length of delivery and the corresponding bounce ie Bowl a half-tracker and AI gets out LBW or Bowl a full ball and gets pulled for 6!?

really hope you guys can get a good idea of how genuine the bounce is according to the ball trajectory and length, because if they get it wrong it messes with the fundamentals of bowling and will consequently be unplayable in my eyes.

Edit: Im unsure if you are able to bowl in the nets so this might be irrelevant, but perhaps you guys can comment from a batting perspective anyway.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Azeem

School Cricketer
QxXD31H.jpg

So 30 is the best im at so far. Mind you that I am only defending every shot. however the difficulty is on Legend.

Also I think its more of a lag problem from my pc but sometimes the ball comes out of the machine way after the machine beeps.

either way I will be getting it for the PS3 and my hype is now gettin up there!@:cheers

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So 30 is the best im at so far. Mind you that I am only defending every shot. however the difficulty is on Legend.

Also I think its more of a lag problem from my pc but sometimes the ball comes out of the machine way after the machine beeps.

either way I will be getting it for the PS3 and my hype is now gettin up there!@:cheers

I'm at work so can't download it yet but from what I understand the "lag" is to do with making it more difficult to time in the nets. The beep simply to signify "the ball will be coming soon". You then still have to time it based on the ball leaving the machine rather than to the beep.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I got to 22. I struggle against spin though despite playing it late. However I think the key, like Ross always said, is to forget everything we know about cricket games, and I'm used to playing everything very early, so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Azeem

School Cricketer
From what i have played I really think this is going to be a great game.

I just played the batting but from reading everything on the forums that i have I can imagine it all working toghether seamlessly.

tried out the CA for the first time today and that impressed me! I made my own player and it made a badass Trading Card:

HMpW8r0.png

From what I have read in the topic: What we know about Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Read this first!

There are so many little details that will really set this game as the new bar for cricket games!

thanks everyone at Big Ant!

----------

I'm at work so can't download it yet but from what I understand the "lag" is to do with making it more difficult to time in the nets. The beep simply to signify "the ball will be coming soon". You then still have to time it based on the ball leaving the machine rather than to the beep.

Understandable but my points is this:

99.9% of the time: Beep and right away ball is ejected.
00.1% of the time: Beep..................Ball is ejected

It throws off the rhythm you get in because each ball is being delivered at a certain interval. That pause ruins my streak! lol

Its most likely my pc. Just cant wait for the PS3 copy!

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

In reality the ball is delivered at about 1-1.5 seconds after the beep. But that's my exp with just one model of Bowling Machine.

Azeem

School Cricketer
In reality the ball is delivered at about 1-1.5 seconds after the beep. But that's my exp with just one model of Bowling Machine.

Well if it suppose to be doing that then sure. if not then i duno.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
There doesn't seem to be any connection between the way I move the joystick and the shot I end up playing...

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 89

Quacktime

Club Cricketer
My highest is 21. That's on legend; I deliberately haven't played any other difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread