Youth Gems

Dutch..

School Cricketer
You know that feeling, when there is a youth player you've signed, playing his first matches for your team, and you know he will be a star someday? In any case, I do... And as soon as I have such a player in my squad, I keep track of him (I don't play internationals).

Two years ago I had Nick Reed, RF bowler, who looked really good. He took 8-38 in one match, but further, the wickets didn't come. After three seasons, he has got 120odd wickets, not too good... I wasn't totally wrong about him though, he got called up for the England XII twice, just didn't make it in the XI.

The following year I wasn't wrong about Jon Guy, RH batsman, who scored 79&68 on FC debut, and an amazing 160 on OD debut. One year after, he is a regular in the England XI after and has started his second season with 250 runs from 3 innings.

This year my gem is Ken Nelson, RF bowler. In two FC matches, he took 18 wickets @ 14.50. In the process he took two five-fors (5-38&7-94). His OD debut brought 2-34 from 10 overs, not too bad either :D

nelsonai1.png

Last edited:

hassan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
nice ... i struggle to find decent pace bowlers in International but i have pulled out 2 amazing Batsmen so far with Pakistan... One being top of ODI and Test bat rankings for 2 years in a row now... 65 avg in tests and 55 in ODI

mrcheek

School Cricketer
I have a guy called Richard Kenworthy, good bowler, average of just under 25 in first class and one dayers in his second season. yet in 20-20, he averages about 7!

lancashire666

International Coach
these are 3 players who have done pretty well for me up to now, bird still hasnt played test matches but its just a matter of time. got another young batsman called marwood, only 19 and in first season, only avg 35 up to now but had a great strike rate and i think he may come good!

Attachments

• lang career.JPG
    lang career.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 61
  • coddington career.JPG
    coddington career.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 61
  • bird career.JPG
    bird career.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 61

Dutch..

School Cricketer
I've had 4 or 5 games past 2020, and in the most I had mainly batting gems, my youth bowlers averaged 35-40... Especially spin bowlers didn't come good. In those games I used to have nr 1 to 5 for the English team and some good others to help me take the quadruple :) In the game I'm playing now the gems are more evenly balanced, although I haven't had any allrounder regens...

Users who are viewing this thread