Youth Player Management

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Technique training does work even if you are playing them in FC matches.

Lanceknight

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
For Yorkshire, I routinely get high-averaging youth batsmen (60+). This year I have one with an 80+ average and an aggressive style. However high their averages might be, I never let them into the first team immediately. They have to continue in the 2nd team for the major part of the first season to prove they are as good as they seemed when I picked them in the draft. If they continue to do well in the 2nd team, I let them into the first XI around game 13. I also prefer to play them in the county championship, starting with defensive, no matter how aggressive they might be. I usually stay away from playing them in limited over matches, 20-20 is a strict no-no for me in their first couple of years.

This strategy has worked for me so far.

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
What I used to do is let them all play in the same game together because they have all come through the youth ranks together and they do play better together at the beginning. I would normally put them on training for the first 3 years on Practice with the physio but then get rid of the physio after that. This did actually work for me in my Warwickshire game where I came 2nd in the CC.

Users who are viewing this thread