Yuvraj or Laxman ?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yuvraj Singh is by far the best batsmen India has right now. His technique is bit under scrutiny but Saurav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag and even for that matter Laxman also do not have gr8 technique but have still made runs at highest level. Also remeber Yuvi loves Pakistan attack.
What is going in favour of Laxman is his experience but remember he is getting old. All Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid and laxman will then be aged above 34. Also Laxman drops some crucial catches which hurt India bad in Pakistan games. remeber Saeed Anwar in Kolkatta test match.

So who do you think should be part of Indian Test squad for 1st Test against Pakistan. Or do you think India will again play safe as they always do in Test matches and play Yuvraj as opener in place of Dinesh Karthick.

If you want proof of Yuvi magic then just watch following video of him hitting 6 sixes at youtube.

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I think Yuvraj will sit out in the test.
They will go in for the tried and tested formula of VVS Laxman who ius due for a big one.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Yuvraj will come in as soon as Ganguly slips up in Tests. It's Ganguly that's bco the weak link in the side, he's doesn't look as sharp as he once was and the way Yuvraj is going it would take a player in top form to keep him out, so I see there being big pressure of Saurav to perform in the tests or Yuvraj will come in.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I think Yuvraj will sit out in the test.
They wil lgo in for the tried and tested formula of VVS Laxman who ius due for a big one.

Secondly,you need to remove that video link,else the forum mods will do it for you !

That is my fear buddy. And noew with Pathan not being selected, Kumble will never take risk of dropping Laxman. It would have taken brave captain like Dhoni to have taken this decision. Also Pathan would have been selected had Dhoni been captain.

The youtube link is removed as required also..

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
There is pressure on both Ganguly as well as Laxman to perform.
Personally i feel that Jaffer should make way for Yuvi and that Yuvi should open the batting.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
There is pressure on both Ganguly as well as Laxman to perform.
Personally i feel that Jaffer should make way for Yuvi and that Yuvi should open the batting.

you need an opener who can take the shine of the new ball.....
whereas yuvi is a stroke player who likes to have a go at the bowlers..

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
He will fail for sure. I have another idea. We can drop Dhoni as we already have keeper in Dinesh Karthick. Dhonis test record is not gr8 either. And have u seen his ulta pulta shots.

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
i don't think Ganguly will slip up he's in pretty good form in the odi's but Yuvraj also a great batsman.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ganguly and Laxman will be fighting it out with Yuvi for the middle order spot. If either of them fail, Yuvi will be in grt position to fill up for them. I feel Yuvi should play more of the tests in Australia where he will be very useful. He plays really well on fast bouncy pitches. I would have him in place of Ganguly for the tests in Australia. His fielding is a bonus.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Ganguly has never been gr8 Test player. He had very good ODI record and that was what earned him recall. But I think Lax is more liability now as Ganguly can bowl medium pace in Australia.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Ganguly can't bowl medium pace in Australia, he'd get slaughtered on Aussie tracks bowling that stuff.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Ganguly can't bowl medium pace in Australia, he'd get slaughtered on Aussie tracks bowling that stuff.

He almost won us Sydney ODI last time around till Bret Lee hit 6 of last ball.

manee

Chairman of Selectors

You are right, but for the wrong reasons. Ganguly would not get slaughtered merely for the lack of pace, Ganguly is not slow; I have seen him hit above 75mph consistantly and that is good pace for a right arm medium bowler.

Ganguly lacks guile in his bowling. If Hayden charges him, he does not have the instinct to fire it down leg or chuck in the slower/quicker one, that is his folly.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I would keep Laxman around for longer. But I'm not a tremendous fan of his either. Ganguly will pave the way for Yuvraj, I feel, pretty soon.

Users who are viewing this thread