Zimbabwe to return to Test cricket in 2011

Bounce

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It would be nice if they return to Test Cricket.
However, won't make much difference to me. :p

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
It would be good for teams who will tour them before April to gains some extra points in the rankings.;)

TumTum

International Cricketer
Not a surprise really that Indian fans here are supporting this idea, their players would just be pillaging Zimbabwe for all they like.

johny

School Cricketer
its a great start by allistair campbell . he has done the right revival for the team and showing it the correct way to go :)

Wee Cooper

School Cricketer
A tentative step in the right direction for Zim cricket. Pity that all the reasons that took them from the Test arena are still valid ie Accusations of racism, political meddling in the sport etc.

I know there's a " unity " government now but the news from Zim still consists of the same horror stories re Zanu PF harassment and so forth.

Not sure about this when I think of the big picture.

War

Chairman of Selectors
They could do with Sean Ervine & Anthony Ireland back if they return to test cricket.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They could do with Sean Ervine & Anthony Ireland back if they return to test cricket.

Agree, they're both still young and are good players.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
India & SL would just love to help out Zimbabwe cricket won't they, they would love to honor the all mighty schedule, and in the mean time get some cheap runs and wickets as well.

Dude, stop saying the same thing over and over and over again. Warne sob started this bullshit. How much runs and wickets can you get from 1 series?? And w/e they get, they have to get it. It's not like those runs and wickets are given! Even if they do get cheap wickets, what the big deal?? Why does you fat ass burns so much?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Dare. Don't bother. He just twist your words around and basically repeat the same ████ over and over again

Chewie

BCCI President
We don't go to Zimbabwe either :spy or Pakistan :spy

P

pcfan123

Pakistan I understand, but Zimbabwe is the ECB and CA own fault. Plenty of high profile sides tour there with no safety concerns. Its all political and at the expense of the Zim cricketers.

Zim actually looks like a great place to go watch the cricket too

Chewie

BCCI President
There's a perceived threat of something happening in Zimbabwe that very well may or may not eventuate. But the governments of these countries would rather not risk it.

P

pcfan123

Did it really take NZ 40 years? I imagine the only other teams at the time were Eng and Aus?

Chewie

BCCI President
Did it really take NZ 40 years? I imagine the only other teams at the time were Eng and Aus?

Test series didn't happen as often either.

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Our government trusts the Indian government. The opposite for the Zimbabwean government

That's a good point to make.

Users who are viewing this thread