Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 2006 ODI Series

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You can register here. Deadline is on 29 July 2006 on 07:30 GMT.

I had to include four new players in the system: Farhad Reza, Saqibul Hasan, Friday Kasteni and Tafadzwa Mufambisi.

Zimbabwe Squad

1. P Utseya (captain)
2. CJ Chibhabha
3. E Chigumbura
4. T Duffin
5. RS Higgins
6. AJ Ireland
7. F Kasteni
8. NB Mahwire
9. H Masakadza
10. S Matsikenyeri
11. TV Mufambisi
12. T Mupariwa
13. EC Rainsford
14. HP Rinke
15. V Sibanda
16. GM Strydom
17. BRM Taylor (wicket-keeper)

Bangladesh Squad

1. Habibul Bashar (captain)
2. Aftab Ahmed
3. Alok Kapali
4. Farhad Reza
5. Javed Omar
6. Khaled Mashud (wicket-keeper)
7. Mashrafe Mortaza
8. Mohammad Ashraful
9. Mohammad Rafique
10. Mushfiqur Rahim
11. Rajin Saleh
12. Saqibul Hasan
13. Shahadat Hossain
14. Shahriar Nafees
15. Syed Rasel

http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2006/BDESH_IN_ZIM/SQUADS/

I only know couple of players from Zimbabwe Side and as it looks like a gamble i have to play it

Aftab Ahmed
Elton Chigumbura
Mohammad Ashraful
Shahriar Nafees
Brendan Taylor
Piet Rinke
Alok Kapali
Tawanda Mupariwa
Blessing Mahwire
Mashrafe Mortaza
Mohammad Rafique

Captain : Mohammad Ashraful
Bonus 1 :Aftab Ahmed
Bonus 2 :Mohammad Rafique
Bonus 3 :Shahriar Nafees
Bonus 4 :Tawanda Mupariwa

And i even dont think more then 20-22 members will register cuz its 2 late to create a game, only 2 hours left now and only 10 members registered.

I didn't even know this series was on until I saw a preview on cricinfo this morning (Australian time). And yes, this game was created very late so a lot of people will miss out. Had this been a weekday, I would certainly have missed out too. But it's good news for us who have registered because it increases out chance of winning or getting a result.

Well, Zimbabwe announced their squad very very late! And I got in just in time! Didn't seem to remember this one! And only 15 have registered, so everyone should be fancying their chances!

If only there was a prize for this one! :cool: :D ;)

Edit : The lowest number of people registered in Fc is 10 in the Indian Oil Cup!

And almost 70% have Bashar as skip, 25% Ashraful & some others like me & aussie1st have others as skipper! :)

Bashar is best bet. Anyone else is a risk.

I unfortonatly have Saleh who isn't playing. Me being lazy and not waiting to check the playing 11.

well like james, i ve also entered this at the last moment!!! But i ve missed the previous two competitions :mad:

Anyways, i ve no clue on Zimbabwe squad to choose...so i ve gone with almost with Bangladesh players.... ;) hope they win this series!!!

As the matches are played at Zimbabwe i have gone with 6:5 combination.
Well if Mahwire is in the team why the hell he is not bowling till now ?
I have also got Mupariwa, who has 3 wkts so far.

That's a poor choice aussie1st. He was easily Bangadesh's best batsman in the series against Australia.

Sorry for making this late. I didn't pay much attention to cricket lately. I didn't even know when Pakistan was playing and just managed to make my team. Also Zimbabwe named their squad 18 hours before the start of the match, so it was a combination of things.

Bad thing of the first match is that Aftab Ahmed got a duck. But Nafees, Bashar, Rafique and Mupariwa scored for me.

And I've got four Zimbabwe players in my team.

aussie1st said:
Dam that Nafees, why did I drop him :(

Your team is the same team as me. The only difference is that I've got Shariar Nafees and you've got Blessing Mahwire.

I even dont know who is in my team and who is not, just checked and got that Nafees and Mahwire r both in my team.

And i have to say that i was even not going to register for this game cuz i even didnt know there is a series between Zimbabwe & Bangladesh, but Surendar who is now in my yahoo list told me that there is new fantasy league and we have to register for that and i have to thanks him for that.

I have just picked out random players.
Rather the ones i know.
I never knew that this series existing until i saw the Fantsay Cricket registerations !

Users who are viewing this thread