Zulqy found in UK, announces retirement

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
A bit worrying news about the matchwinner Haider of the 4th ODI of Pakistan vs South Africa. The 5th ODI is about to start within the hour, but this message appeared a couple of minutes ago. Obviously Haider knows this person or knows the methods of that particular group, so he knows the threat is high, otherwhile he wouldn't go into hiding.

Zulqarnain Haider reportedly goes missing
Osman Samiuddin
November 8, 2010

A cryptic message was left as a status update on the player's Facebook page said: "leaving pakistan cricket because get bad msg fr 1 man fr lose the match in last game."

Pakistan news: Zulqarnain Haider reportedly goes missing | Pakistan Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I wonder how they didn't see was missing until they got to ground. I'm guessing they would all travel on a team bus. Someone must have noticed.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
There is an answer to that question:

'A Source said Shahid Aslam saw the wicketkeeper leaving his room at around 6am; he intercepted Haider, who told he is leaving to receive his relatives and would be back after some time. However, he was not seen around again.'

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Ah. That explains it. This kinda puts a dampener on what has been an awesome series.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
leaving pakistan cricket because get bad msg fr 1 man fr lose the match in last game."

i think this means, "leaving pakistan cricket because got a bad message from some man for losing the last match"...

odd. since they won the last game, and i wonder who this man is...

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Wouldn't you notice him missing? 'Hey, where's our wicketkeeper?'

deathrevenge9

International Coach
i think this means, "leaving pakistan cricket because got a bad message from some man for losing the last match"...

What he wanted to say is that he has received some threats from some unknown person for not losing the 4th ODI.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
What Deathrevenge9 said. This looks very bad for the future of Pakistan cricket let alone for Haider himself.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Weird. Backing out when the team needs him? The message is too cryptic and obscure to understand for me.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors

What he wanted to say is that he has received some threats from some unknown person for not losing the 4th ODI.

No...

"leaving Pakistan cricket because got a bad message from a man to lose the final (last) match"

I thought last as in previous, but last as in final makes more sense

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No...

"leaving Pakistan cricket because got a bad message from a man to lose the final (last) match"

I thought last as in previous, but last as in final makes more sense

Makes the best sense (the sentence), but his leaving of Pakistan cricket doesn't make any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread