Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

dazzz42

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned

bzed

School Cricketer
One other comment I'd like to make is that I'm not pleased with the game using fake player names. The game has lost its authenticity. It's looks like a joke to play with fake player names. If a licence was needed for real player names, then a licence should have been obtained instead of ruining a cricket game with fake players.

OK, I was new to the game when I made the above comment. I've noticed that you can edit the player names. However, this is going to take a very long time to put in the correct names for all the international teams (apart from England and Australia who are using licensed names.)

So is there a quicker way to rename everyone in one go? Like edit some file?

Does anyone have the edited files with correct names of players? It would be great if someone could share them with others. :)

D

Dutch

OK, I was new to the game when I made the above comment. I've noticed that you can edit the player names. However, this is going to take a very long time to put in the correct names for all the international teams (apart from England and Australia who are using licensed names.)

So is there a quicker way to rename everyone in one go? Like edit some file?

Does anyone have the edited files with correct names of players? It would be great if someone could share them with others. :)

Look in the downloads section of this forum. There is an editor and a roster with all the real names and instructions on how to load them!

aadhavzone

School Cricketer
i installed both the patches, game is configured & bugs have been resorted to its best..
:)
still: bugs are there!:eek:

Game crashes at some point & nothing cant be done except restarting!

also... when we are playing forward attacking shot, sometimes batsman is not returning & fielders are stumping or making him run out... pls update these two bugs buddies...:help

anyway far better than initial one! :hpraise

Cheweydog_aust

Club Cricketer
i installed both the patches, game is configured & bugs have been resorted to its best..
:)
still: bugs are there!:eek:

Game crashes at some point & nothing cant be done except restarting!

also... when we are playing forward attacking shot, sometimes batsman is not returning & fielders are stumping or making him run out... pls update these two bugs buddies...:help

anyway far better than initial one! :hpraise

hey havernt heard from u for awhile :)

some run media player while playing ashes maybe try that

I dont get any probs because my PC is way above min spec

get a quad core & 4 gig of ddr2 & a mad video card with 256bit & ddr4 or 5

then it will run sweet lol

mannu

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
can u play online with the beta 2??
when i click on online,the game hang for a few seconds and then I get a message:
Login Failed,The version is not compatible with online servers

Last edited:

Cheweydog_aust

Club Cricketer
beta server is down :( It died when Transmission died

codies could easy add a beta server for the PC users :eek:

but I dont think they will, I wish I could make a server or add LAN to ashes

Wrong un

School Cricketer
Codemasters will never get another penny of my hard earned cash. The whole thing has been a shambles. What a waste of ?40 (PS3 version).

Experiences like this makes you wonder whether the illegal downloaders might actually have the right idea :doh as there is seemingly no reward for 'supporting' games such as this.

Users who are viewing this thread