England In India - October 2011/12

Indeed, some early direction problems, but looked quite dangerous when he's got it in the right areas.

Good in spots from England so far, inconsistent, but okay. Tremlett's no balls have been annoying.

That's a good wicket. Gambhir wasn't looking his own self even though he wasn't looking too uncomfortable. Good bowling by Broad but, I'll give it to Gambhir playing down the wrong line. Looked like walking into the shot and was imbalanced.

----------

I like what Gavaskar is saying. Mukund does look determined and seems to be relishing the opportunity he has got. Something that I never saw with Murali Vijay. Looked too casual always.

----------

Aww, that wasn't the sort of end I was looking for Mukund. Played so well, just the lapse in concentration or as Sunny said 'anxiousness' that got better of him.

Fine spell from Broad but was a good knock from Mukund too. Definitely showed a lot of fight and character and looks like a pretty good player for the future, just a shame it looks as if he will only get one test on this series.

Is it me or does Rahul Dravid have one of the worst batting techniques in this game?

It works for him, thanks to his fantastic hand-eye co-ordination, but it isn't technically very good at all.

Is it me or does Rahul Dravid have one of the worst batting techniques in this game?

It works for him, thanks to his fantastic hand-eye co-ordination, but it isn't technically very good at all.

???

Are you for real?

What a session at Lord's! From Mukund's brilliance - Broad's reemergence - Sachin's glorious square drive - KP's nut crack overthrow for four. Wow!

Most importantly, the pitch has a hell lot of LIFE in it still. Hello Nasser?!

tbh, this session is why Broad will never be dropped. he's bowled well and is certainly worth his place in the team but from the commentaries I've heard you'd think he was Michael Holding in prime form. He's been good but steady on, seems to be the sort of guy where his victories will always over-shadow his defeats and that's certainly not generally true of a lot of cricketers.

I wonder what it feels like to have just hit 3 fours and then hear the crowd chanting your partner's name.

Really awesome stuff from India, last 10 overs 50 runs

So two out of form players come up against India and 3 days later...what's new?

:facepalm He looked like scoring a triple.

The scoring will slow down now

tbh, this session is why Broad will never be dropped. he's bowled well and is certainly worth his place in the team but from the commentaries I've heard you'd think he was Michael Holding in prime form. He's been good but steady on, seems to be the sort of guy where his victories will always over-shadow his defeats and that's certainly not generally true of a lot of cricketers.

The thing is, Broad looks to be a completely different bowler when he is pitching it up and all of his 3 wickets have been pitched up. The sky lads made a good point when they said maybe all this labelling as the 'enforcer' and being told he has the best bouncer in world cricket by Andy Flower just changed his mindset and was constantly bowling short.

Now he seems to have been given the word to pitch it up and look where he is, 3/25 and that's not even against tailenders either. All 3 have been from the top 4.

Users who are viewing this thread