Limiting Piracy of Cricket Games

D

Dutch

:) why not, I am also a fan of cricket games but unable to purchase it bcoz of financial situation...:noway

Hopefully you get the cash together to buy it. Is that completely impossible in your situation?

D

Deleted member 11215

Think Big Ant might be missing a trick not putting Sachin or Dhoni somewhere on the cover...Indian's favourite conversation around the water cooler/slurry hole is debating whether or not Sachin is better than Bradman (even though the likes of Sangakarrra and Karris average more). There's a lot more opportunity to move product given their population.

The second an official product associated with Sachin hits the shelf money comes rolling in - why do you think they refuse to drop the has-been from the test side? It would cost the ICC and Indian Cricket big time

You think they care about the indian market? Its going to be horrifically pirated there no doubt and will do them out of loads of money. Im sure its not economically viable at all to get an indian name to front it.

----------

:) why not, I am also a fan of cricket games but unable to purchase it bcoz of financial situation...:noway

You can afford the internet though and enough bandwidth to download it...

soyab0007

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hopefully you get the cash together to buy it. Is that completely impossible in your situation?

Yes, as I am looking for a job now and it is difficult for me as I stammered while speaking.. :facepalm

----------

You think they care about the indian market? Its going to be horrifically pirated there no doubt and will do them out of loads of money. Im sure its not economically viable at all to get an indian name to front it.

----------

That is affordable as we share internet plans in home.. :)

rocky_g

International Cricketer

----------

Accept it or not India is a big market for anything related to cricket.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Now we've been there, and I sincerely doubt that.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I guess we will know by the end of this year how many copies of DBC14 and AC13 are sold. Till date sales figures in India have been so low that EA actually pulled out from cricket gaming and didn't even bother releasing EA Cricket 2009.

sahilnatu

Club Captain
I guess we will know by the end of this year how many copies of DBC14 and AC13 are sold. Till date sales figures in India have been so low that EA actually pulled out from cricket gaming and didn't even bother releasing EA Cricket 2009.

How is EA pulling out of cricket related to India not being a good market? Aren't AUS/UK big markets for cricket games? And with no Indian license, no domestic, their games never targeted India as their primary market.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
How is EA pulling out of cricket related to India not being a good market? Aren't AUS/UK big markets for cricket games? And with no Indian license, no domestic, their games never targeted India as their primary market.

My point was that if Indian market is as big as is claimed (hint: read the post I responded to) on here EA wouldn't have pulled out. EA only needs 1 million copies to be sold to be in it and if India can't even guarantee that, it clearly isn't a big enough market especially given the fact UK and Aus will help out with some of those 1 million copies.

Last edited:

sahilnatu

Club Captain
My point was that if Indian market is as big as is claimed on here EA wouldn't have pulled out. EA only needs 1 million copies to be sold to be in it and if India can't even guarantee that, it clearly isn't a big enough market especially given the fact UK and Aus will help out with some of those 1 million copies.

Yeah obviously it isn't a big market. Its the biggest market for anything related to cricket but just not for video games. It is perhaps only a half decent market for cricket video games (or any other for that matter). Ppl do get it terribly wrong here.

PS: And I bet you there must be well over a million copies of Cricket 07 in India (million might well be a pretty small number), every darn person I know has played that game. But its sad that no body I know owns a legal copy.

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Yeah obviously it isn't a big market. Its the biggest market for anything related to cricket but just not for video games. It is perhaps only a half decent market for cricket video games (or any other for that matter). Ppl do get it terribly wrong here.

That was the point I was trying to make. People come here and talk out of their @$$ how big a market India is for cricket games when they have no clue. People should take a look at the following link to see what a "big market" actually means...
Madden NFL 13 Sales Pass 1.6 Million - IGN

Madden NFL 13 sold 1.65 million copies within a week and nearly 800K of those on the first day! That for a game exclusively played in US and which shares the market with other sports like NBA, MLB, NHL etc. Cricket doesn't have similar competition and still is nowhere close to these numbers which shows how much India has to catch up to be a big enough market for big name developers/publishers to target them.

Last edited:

sahilnatu

Club Captain
That was the point I was trying to make. People come here and talk out of there @$$ how big a market India is for cricket games when they have no clue. People should take a look at the following link to see what a "big market" actually means...
Madden NFL 13 Sales Pass 1.6 Million - IGN

Madden NFL 13 sold 1.65 million copies within a week and nearly 800K of those on the first day! That for a game exclusively played in US and which shares the market with other sports like NBA, MLB, NHL etc. Cricket doesn't have similar competition and still is nowhere close to these numbers which shows how much India has to catch up to be a big enough market for big name developers/publishers to target them.

How I hope a Cricket video game sees that day sometime, if not in India exclusively, at least in the total global sales.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This really needs another thread. A very, very complex issue as it effects the Western markets by way of grey importing.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
This really needs another thread. A very, very complex issue as it effects the Western markets by way of grey importing.

Especially given the fact next gen consoles, especially Xbox One, will be region free.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Okay - bringing this back up and into the cross-game discussion section so we're not getting game specific.

Users who are viewing this thread