Don Bradman UPDATE 99.94b - Change Notes

Check the fps with fraps, if fps don't drop while beep and ball release then there is no bottleneck from cpu or gpu.

I've found when I play on my reasonable powered gaming PC (2 years old, but was mid-high spec then and given a recent upgrade to SSD) that I get constant no difference ball to ball between beep and bowl coming, and usually it's like 1/2 a second. When I play on my i5 tablet with HD 4000 on board graphics processor, there is a greater lag between sound and bowl, and it varies a lot between ball to ball. Hence why I think this is a issue with a bottleneck somewhere in the PC/Laptop hardware.

Yeah...pretty much the same here. I get less to no lag when I lower the resolution and turn off all graphic elements. I guess its the hardware then.

One thing I wanted to ask:

There is a lag between the bowling machine sound and when the ball actually gets released (visible in the uploaded video). Does this happen for everyone???

Yup it happens occasionally and the delivery you get after the 'pause' is mostly a fuller length one.

I get a lag too after every few bowl especially if the bowl is full and wide.

----------

Check the fps with fraps, if fps don't drop while beep and ball release then there is no bottleneck from cpu or gpu.

How do you check that?

http://www.fraps.com/free/setup.exe install, run this, run ca nets. Fps will appear on top corner, it should be closer to 30 for smoother gameplay. I get 28-29 on high graphic settings. If you get too low fps lower the graphic settings and resolution.

I just built my new computer. 6 core processor and a AMD R9 290X oc. Fraps running, with vsync forced off in the Catalyst suite and still Fraps won't move off of 60. Should be about 260....grr. Not that it matters at all! Just to see how high it could have got.

Did you turn it off in the game's graphics options menu?

Can't mate. Graphics options crashes the game for me. Silly hey..

Also through the config under "My Documents" I disabled V-Sync.

***SOLVED***

Enabling V-Sync with a "1" next to the = under the config enables it in game and then forcing it off with Catalyst suite seems to do the trick. Will upload a piccie.

----------

358b0wg.jpg

1680 x 1050, Max Settings.

2650 x 1440 gives about 160 FPS.

Not bad ;)

Last edited:
Just tried this. My streak doesn't reset when I miss the ball for some reason (does sometimes).

If you miss the ball when you have multiplier up to 2, you get an extra life with the multiplier going down to 1. But if the multiplier is already 1 and you miss the ball, your streak ends.

Users who are viewing this thread