Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

kasabian21

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nah, I expect weeks of comments suggesting that they are trying to make a deal with a UK distributor and there's options on the table, and then it will end up being Alternative Software like all the other Tru Blu games.

It must be very complicated if it takes months and months to sort a distributor out.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Nah, I expect weeks of comments suggesting that they are trying to make a deal with a UK distributor and there's options on the table, and then it will end up being Alternative Software like all the other Tru Blu games.

Has anyone ever said there was no distributor attached? That would be rather irregular - The actual distribution *plan* may still be unconfirmed, but I would have thought that the people were in place... Normally a publisher will have a distributor in each territory they use for everything they do (hence Alternative for all the Tru Blu games)
Maybe I missed that, but normally it's the publisher/distributor that would have been doing the roadshows for retail.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Has anyone ever said there was no distributor attached? That would be rather irregular - The actual distribution *plan* may still be unconfirmed, but I would have thought that the people were in place... Normally a publisher will have a distributor in each territory they use for everything they do (hence Alternative for all the Tru Blu games)
Maybe I missed that, but normally it's the publisher/distributor that would have been doing the roadshows for retail.

isn't it already rather irregular, for neither Game nor Amazon to list it 4/5 weeks before release, regardless of an official announcement?

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
At the risk of making shit up I heard that Tru Blu are just going to set up a stall at Camden market.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
No, but it's about the only reasoning I can think of why a company trying to sell something would choose to not list it on Amazon until right up to a few weeks beforehand.

At the absolute least you can get people signing up for notifications on when the game will be available - for minimal effort in getting a listing up.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If the big problem for tru blu is the UK market for instance, why not release it in the countries that do want to distribute it and when people start reviewing the product maybe they'll jump on board too! I live in UK but if that's what's stopping others getting the game it would be a shame fir everyone else

Tru Blu want it in all territories otherwise it will be pirated heavily in the territories that it is not released in.

It must be very complicated if it takes months and months to sort a distributor out.

It does because amongst other things different countries/distributors have different lead times and there is a want for the product to be everywhere at the same time.

That's reasonably insulting. I'll make sure I make no comments regarding the distribution process from hereon.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
At the absolute least you can get people signing up for notifications on when the game will be available - for minimal effort in getting a listing up.

Which brings me to a query about the online purchase system of which I've very little knowledge.

Flipkart has the "Notify me" option for DBC. Does this mean Flipkart was contacted by Tru Blu/HES to let it know about the existence of the game or did Flipkart put up the listing (may be) because it was suggested by a couple of guys who inquired about the game.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Which brings me to a query about the online purchase system of which I've very little knowledge.

Flipkart has the "Notify me" option for DBC. Does this mean Flipkart was contacted by Tru Blu/HES to let it know about the existence of the game or did Flipkart put up the listing (may be) because it was suggested by a couple of guys who inquired about the game.

My understanding is that all of the major players in India have had a presentation and have seen/played the final product.

kasabian21

International Coach
It does because amongst other things different countries/distributors have different lead times and there is a want for the product to be everywhere at the same time.

So basically once all the distribution stuff has been finalised in every country, even if all are done and there's just one to go, that's when we'll get an official announcement. Makes sense. No-one likes being premature.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My understanding is that all of the major players in India have had a presentation and have seen/played the final product.

This statement is in reference to the world tour, right? Only asking because the retailer I'm talking about has had DBC listing much prior to the world tour.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
This statement is in reference to the world tour, right? Only asking because the retailer I'm talking about has had DBC listing much prior to the world tour.

I hope you can appreciate that I can't divulge all I know but will say that the tour and demos took place after talks had been undertaken for some months.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

is this true of the UK too? i thought MattW yesterday quoted one of your posts (which I originally missed) to that effect, yet there still at present seems to be only one place in the UK offering any form of pre-order and the main players (Game, Amazon, supermarkets) don't have it. are you still "not worried" about that?

The only UK site that anyone has been able to find it on is giving a placeholder date of 28 March - that is exactly four weeks today - and no other place in the UK has any visibility for the product at all. I don't have any previous experience of a Tru Blu / Big Ant release so it may be typical but it seems odd.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
For me it is not any different to any game I have done with Tru Blu in the past.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
People are getting worried about nothing. I'd understand if it was the middle of march now and still nothing but we have another 4 weeks. plenty of time for things to sort itself out :)

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
From what I understand bigant generally release pretty quickly after announcement (a month or less) so if that's the case then we should know something in the next week if march is still on, however tru blu are handling this and they may do it differently! I won't be panicking, its a game after all its bit like I'm waiting for a liver or kidney. I didn't know piracy was an issue on console, so I apologise for the earlier post about releasing in different regions as and where the distribution is set up.

Users who are viewing this thread