Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

Chriscou

School Cricketer
I've really been enjoying it so far, and after reading a lot of the critisms here I'm left wondering if I even have the same game? I haven't experienced a single crash, I'm having no trouble hitting cover drives, and my fielders rarely dive unnecessarily.

Bowling is great fun with the edges being fixed. One of my career modes is as a fast bowler, and it feels so good when the off cutter catches the edge and files to second slip. So long as they catch it that is... Feels like you can set a batsmen up with a plan too which is great. Batting is tough, but not unnecessarily so. The game rewards patience, and if you premeditate your shots or look to slog everything then you probably aren't going be as successful as you could be.

The glitch in career mode where you have to simulate to get your attributes to increase is annoying, but only because I want to play every game!

Definitely an improvement on DBC14, and as they have in the past BigAnt will listen, get the patches done and smooth the whole experience out over time.

This very much matches my experience and have been wondering if I have the same game as others. Great fun batting and bowling, no crashes, created my local ground which renders fine which really adds to the immersion

D

Deleted member 46200

Hmm readdress the balance, well I like the sound of that. Really don’t mind shaking the stupid tree either, you know a few will fall out. Anyways, hi nice to meet you. Really, really happy, I’m not alone anymore was really getting sick of it, you know. Btw, please excuse me if this message looks a bit cuckoo, the alcohol is out lol. Just gotta be shitfaced by the end of the night so my apologies. Yes! Should of definitely posted tomorrow but this is huge news. You have to stay now, hope you do.

Matt, hey you please, please, please can I have some sexual chocolate? PMSL. Go on, it’s still the season to be jolly. I don’t know, will send you socks or something….hmm or a tie perhaps? You’re not getting my half eaten box of chocolates, no!.

DBC 17 on its way too, something cricket related. Before the topic monster shows up. :)

Hmm readdress the balance, well I like the sound of that. Really don’t mind shaking the stupid tree either, you know a few will fall out. Anyways, hi nice to meet you. Really, really happy, I’m not alone anymore was really getting sick of it, you know. Btw, please excuse me if this message looks a bit cuckoo, the alcohol is out lol. Just gotta be shitfaced by the end of the night so my apologies. Yes! Should of definitely posted tomorrow but this is huge news. You have to stay now, hope you do.

Matt, hey you please, please, please can I have some sexual chocolate? PMSL. Go on, it’s still the season to be jolly. I don’t know, will send you socks or something….hmm or a tie perhaps? You’re not getting my half eaten box of chocolates, no!.

DBC 17 on its way too, something cricket related. Before the topic monster shows up. :)

If you haven't got the game yet I'd get another bottle in! I'm not as active on this site but I do like to see how the turf lays. Not cuckoo at all. I don't think we'll get any 'special' favours from the admin.

GetAroundHim

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Alot of the crashing was due to issues from the original release version and the academy, if you have only played since after the second patch, it's likely you've not see these.

Got the game the first morning it came out, so have play every version thus far.

Whilst you note what you call a cover drive, what you're probably doing is a more standard offdrive that's a bit straighter, there is a well known issue with proper cover drives.

Depending on the speed of the bowling and my timing of the shot I've hit front foot drives through the offside from just in front of point to between the stumps and mid-off. If a cover drive isn't included in that radius then you all must have pretty interesting definitions of a cover drive.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Depending on the speed of the bowling and my timing of the shot I've hit front foot drives through the offside from just in front of point to between the stumps and mid-off. If a cover drive isn't included in that radius then you all must have pretty interesting definitions of a cover drive.

We would all love to see your video of the ball being cover driven through cover or cover point region.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I`m sure he refers to the LSD Giraffe Chris Martin Cover Drive , as that shot once in a blue moon go to the 'Normal" Cover region .

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I`m sure he refers to the LSD Giraffe Chris Martin Cover Drive , as that shot once in a blue moon go to the 'Normal" Cover region .

That's not a drive. That's a front foot cut, if it can be called that.

D

Deleted member 149013

If you haven't got the game yet I'd get another bottle in! I'm not as active on this site but I do like to see how the turf lays. Not cuckoo at all. I don't think we'll get any 'special' favours from the admin.
It was so embarrassing all I remember is falling asleep hugging a shoebox.

I’ve messed around in the stadium section. It is well like a gothic/Victorian/modern mash up thing, still not finished, yet. Basically, I’ll be found in a mountain of trash, severely malnourished holding up a joypad, absolutely loving the career mode. :)

D

Deleted member 46200

It was so embarrassing all I remember is falling asleep hugging a shoebox.

I’ve messed around in the stadium section. It is well like a gothic/Victorian/modern mash up thing, still not finished, yet. Basically, I’ll be found in a mountain of trash, severely malnourished holding up a joypad, absolutely loving the career mode. :)

Shoes... ! The death of me (they're all thinking but not really). Never tried the stadium thing just really wanted to play the game my husband is into Cricket too but supports Essex (WTF) So, really hoping they fix this one soon.

D

Deleted member 149013

Shoes... ! The death of me (they're all thinking but not really). Never tried the stadium thing just really wanted to play the game my husband is into Cricket too but supports Essex (WTF) So, really hoping they fix this one soon.
Oh those, yes there is no fixing them, no. Just throw something at him or in his direction to let him know it’s totally unacceptable behaviour.

Well Yorkshire are my team. Up north as we say, yeah were basically the deep south of the UK, happy go, porch lurking, knee slapping, banjo strumming hillbillies.

Did score 64* was very proud of myself, considering my other scores were like a 9 or some not even getting towards the twenties. Think to myself be patient, no big shots no, then it’s all over, argh!.

D

Deleted member 46200

I have heard this about Northerners... What format was the 64* earnt.

I'm struggling to get a career up and running and it keeps crashing, not a happy bunny!

D

Deleted member 149013

I have heard this about Northerners... What format was the 64* earnt.

I'm struggling to get a career up and running and it keeps crashing, not a happy bunny!
No it was just your standard club game, exciting right lol.

Crash wise just once so far. So yes your typical blue/error screen syndrome, annoying ruin all the fun moments. Although I do have similar problems with Guitar Hero Live. OMG right before coin collection it’s the worse.

Did restart my career though about 5 games in now, wasn’t happy with my scores but it’s much better now. :yes

Haseeb Ahmed Mohammed

Club Cricketer
Supremely disappointed with this game. I live here in the states and bought the game via PSN for $59.99 and its a crying shame that instead of @BigAntStudios going forward with this game they sadly went backwards. I mean how can you not pick up the bugs while testing the game? It feels as if we are paying you guys for just get hold of the bugs. I mean i may be in the minority in this community but i will vent my frustration and disappointment about this game. I mean we cannot see the real stats of players when we are playing with them on a tour or a competition. And no i am not the from the ones who has jumped on the DBC14 and DBC17 bandwagon recently. I have been here since October 2012. @BigAntStudios cannot take criticism in their stride. It's a pity. I have stopped playing the game, the batting is a joke. I mean can someone sane minded person in the BCCI just pay EA to make an world class Cricket game.? Back in 2011 we heard the rumblings from Lalit Modi that they are planning to fund a game for IPL on the Sony Playstation 3 platform, sadly it seems it got junked. And people here in this thread are really sensitive and get all touchy if someone has an opinion differing to theirs

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Supremely disappointed with this game. I live here in the states and bought the game via PSN for $59.99 and its a crying shame that instead of @BigAntStudios going forward with this game they sadly went backwards. I mean how can you not pick up the bugs while testing the game? It feels as if we are paying you guys for just get hold of the bugs. I mean i may be in the minority in this community but i will vent my frustration and disappointment about this game. I mean we cannot see the real stats of players when we are playing with them on a tour or a competition. And no i am not the from the ones who has jumped on the DBC14 and DBC17 bandwagon recently. I have been here since October 2012. @BigAntStudios cannot take criticism in their stride. It's a pity. I have stopped playing the game, the batting is a joke. I mean can someone sane minded person in the BCCI just pay EA to make an world class Cricket game.? Back in 2011 we heard the rumblings from Lalit Modi that they are planning to fund a game for IPL on the Sony Playstation 3 platform, sadly it seems it got junked. And people here in this thread are really sensitive and get all touchy if someone has an opinion differing to theirs
You must be kidding? DBC14 got to near pefection BECAUSE of criticism by this very community, BA listened and fixed stuff, the same will happen in DBC17, the key is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and not throwing your toys out of the cot like a toddler :)

Westindies

Club Captain
You are right, i also felt the same and vented that out(not so rudely) in forum,but the CEO dont have the right attitude to take it forward

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
You are right, i also felt the same and vented that out(not so rudely) in forum,but the CEO dont have the right attitude to take it forward

"There is some element missing in DBC 17 what DBC 14 had, i cant really say what exactly is that, DBC 17 looks more artificial than DBC 14 , in that sense DBC 14 is far better."

Not rude, just completely useless.

Users who are viewing this thread