maddawg1136's Stadiums

maddawg1136

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
It's a pity there isn't a sea scape in the creator. Great work. I have a fantastic book that has aerial photos of many English grounds current and past. If you can't find images of a certain ground let me know and I'll dig it out and see what's in there.
Yeah I had thought about that before, would be handy to have for a few others too like Wellington, Hobart (off the top of my head). Cheers I'll keep that in mind if I'm having any trouble

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Hoping you can improve on Old Trafford which looks insanely bare

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yeah I had thought about that before, would be handy to have for a few others too like Wellington, Hobart (off the top of my head). Cheers I'll keep that in mind if I'm having any trouble

It's called Cricket Grounds from the air.
English grounds only

pinku

Associate Captain
@maddawg1136 i saw a video on youtube where there are people from the crowd standing on the grass instead of being seated.. i downloaded your bay oval but there was no crowd when i was playing... any advice on what grounds to download and why i am not seeing fans on the grass embankments? Thanks.

maddawg1136

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
@maddawg1136 i saw a video on youtube where there are people from the crowd standing on the grass instead of being seated.. i downloaded your bay oval but there was no crowd when i was playing... any advice on what grounds to download and why i am not seeing fans on the grass embankments? Thanks.
Any ideas of what stadium that was? Or can you chuck me the link. I've intergrated stands into the banks on some of my grounds to try and get the embankment look, otherwise theres no way to get people there as the hills don't have any setting to put people in them

pinku

Associate Captain
Any ideas of what stadium that was? Or can you chuck me the link. I've intergrated stands into the banks on some of my grounds to try and get the embankment look, otherwise theres no way to get people there as the hills don't have any setting to put people in them

here is the link and i think it may even have been uploaded by @blockerdave if he is known as Dave Connors on youtube.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yes that's my video. It's Bradman Oval, it's on disc. The default stadiums can have people on grass banks but in custom stadiums they only appear in stands and pavilions.

renegade5

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
It's a pity there isn't a sea scape in the creator.
Definitely agree. I really want to make the Williamstown Cricket Ground. The ground and stands would be really easy, but I'm a little pedantic and I don't want mountains in the background or something.
Williamstown01.jpg

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
These are looking superb, @maddawg1136 - are you planning on going through all of them? Loving your improvements so far - of the major grounds, I'd definitely be interested to see if you could touch up Lord's and The Oval as they seem pretty limited by the available choice of pavilions at the moment, but you seem to be doing a good job of finding ways around things at the moment to get the overall proportions right. I agree about the lack of scenery options anyway. It's either the middle of the countryside, somewhere up in the mountains, or what looks like downtown Manhattan, none of which apply to most of the English grounds at least. It would be better if the city options had the buildings a bit more in the background or something anyway.

maddawg1136

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
These are looking superb, @maddawg1136 - are you planning on going through all of them? Loving your improvements so far - of the major grounds, I'd definitely be interested to see if you could touch up Lord's and The Oval as they seem pretty limited by the available choice of pavilions at the moment, but you seem to be doing a good job of finding ways around things at the moment to get the overall proportions right. I agree about the lack of scenery options anyway. It's either the middle of the countryside, somewhere up in the mountains, or what looks like downtown Manhattan, none of which apply to most of the English grounds at least. It would be better if the city options had the buildings a bit more in the background or something anyway.
Yeah I agree with that, something to work on for an update or the next title definitely. But it is a good base to start with. Yup I'll be working through the lot of them. Will have a look at those two now and see what I can do

maddawg1136

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Lord's Cricket Ground. @Saeglopur , unfortunately I've used 100% resources on it so I had to do some tweaking to be able to add all the stands in. One of that is the fact there are no lights. Very difficult to recreate
IMG_0095.JPG

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Awesome! Thanks for doing these, @maddawg1136! Lord's and Old Trafford definitely look much better than the ones I had already. Fancy having a go at The Oval? That's another major ground that I feel is really missing something at the moment, and I think a lot of it's down to the pavilion again, but you've gone a great job with upsizing them by layering different things together in those last two, so I think you might be able to solve it! Otherwise, I might end up using the in-game Lancashire Stadium as a 'close-enough' substitute, haha!

Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you working your way down the list. The Bristol and Essex grounds also seemed much better to me, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for any improvements you can make on the others. If you don't have any particular order you're working from, I wouldn't mind seeing New Road bumped up the list, haha! There's not that much there really, but you seem to have a good eye for details, or choosing more accurate buildings, and so on, so you might be able to make the current better too maybe. :)

I suppose Trent Bridge would be the other major ground after that, but if you're going through them all anyway, it doesn't really matter, haha! :D

Users who are viewing this thread