Ashes Cricket General Discussion

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Big Ant studios have no rights to the Don Bradman license nor prior data.

As a general shout out to those PMing me here and on FB to get details that are not public, due to NDA's and a schedule of press releases I can't answer you.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
So the DB license ran out and a new deal has been made to use The Ashes name? No disrespect to The Don but this seems like a much more lucrative brand name to have nowadays.

Who owns the rights to The Ashes name anyway?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
So the DB license ran out and a new deal has been made to use The Ashes name? No disrespect to The Don but this seems like a much more lucrative brand name to have nowadays.

Who owns the rights to The Ashes name anyway?
Was it not EA Sports?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As a general shout out to those PMing me here and on FB to get details that are not public
I don't know about FB but you can surely avoid such folks at PlanetCricket by limiting the PM feature to the ones whom you follow only.

Cheers. :)

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I mean who actually owns The Ashes trademark. Not just the right to make video games. (clearly that is now Big Ant)

I *think* the MCC own the trademark for "The Ashes", but it's complicated. ECB and CA are both involved in tandem, and there are a lot of moving parts.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Big Ant studios have no rights to the Don Bradman license nor prior data.

As a general shout out to those PMing me here and on FB to get details that are not public, due to NDA's and a schedule of press releases I can't answer you.

thanks.

I can now repeat what i said in the other thread about how if you can self-publish cricket you can self-publish a union game ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1505742141][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why would they continue using the Don Bradman name when they have the Ashes branding? Makes sense to drop the rights.

well given that Bradman's feats and legend is based mostly on Ashes performance (he didn't play in any country other than england or australia) the two could have worked nicely in tandem. but one suspects the publisher held the licence not BA.

flake

County Cricketer
How great would it be if they surprised us with licenses for SA, India, NZ and a few more ! I hope to the hilt that they have done numerous new bowling animations. I can't think of a reason against it with their mo cap facility now !

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
How great would it be if they surprised us with licenses for SA, India, NZ and a few more ! I hope to the hilt that they have done numerous new bowling animations. I can't think of a reason against it with their mo cap facility now !

maybe other boards might jump in down the line if the release is successful.

Spoobir

well given that Bradman's feats and legend is based mostly on Ashes performance (he didn't play in any country other than england or australia) the two could have worked nicely in tandem. but one suspects the publisher held the licence not BA.

Interesting, depending on how long they have the rights for I wonder if they'll try to squeak out another game with the Bradman name using another developer.[DOUBLEPOST=1505742567][/DOUBLEPOST]
maybe other boards might jump in down the line if the release is successful.

Big Ant deserve the rights to an IPL game tbh. Although test matches can leave something to be desired I very rarely have a boring t20 match in DBC17.

Think of the moolah from that contract as well. :eek:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I imagine IPL would be very expensive to acquire. Whereas based on the comments from the boards in the press release regarding using gaming as a growth strategy and the recognition of the format in reaching under represented audiences, I wouldn't be surprised if the license was cheap or even free.

Spoobir

I imagine IPL would be very expensive to acquire. Whereas based on the comments from the boards in the press release regarding using gaming as a growth strategy and the recognition of the format in reaching under represented audiences, I wouldn't be surprised if the license was cheap or even free.

I guess it all depends on how big the piracy problem in India really is. I still can't imagine you wouldn't make bank with your game being advertised on every IPL broadcast as well as in the stadiums and such.

Chief

Panel of Selectors

It's usually a % of sales, with potentially a minimum guarantee of "X". But the % or minimum can be anything.

Users who are viewing this thread