Asia Cup 2023

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I get the dead-rubber nature. But, haven't we seen enough changes?

Furthermore, when the Coach and his Asisstant come out stating that they neevr intended to make changes, why are they making them now? Are our players so rest-deprived that they need to be rested? If one is in good knick, I'd rather continue playing them. By contrast, for meaningless IPL league games, the very same players will turn up day in and day out and never complain that their bodies need rest.

Rohit & Virat have been adequately rested in the lead up to the last game. All games we have played have been rain-affected. This too gives a bit of time to the players to recuperate. In the case of Bumrah, I am at a loss of words.
Post automatically merged:

I actually prefer it. It's not a WC game, it's a dead rubber - cut them some slack. Let's expect more from the Finals.
That's my fear actually. They will perhaps use the same ploy during the World Cup too. In the past, we havent had these sweeping changes -Okay, the era of Ganguly and Dhoni's didnt see chop and change. Dravid- yes, he was known for it. In the recent past too, Shastri and Kohli played a settled line-up, with perhaps the exception of the dreaded Number 4.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ya since yesterdays attack on Army officers in Anantnag, I see something boiling up even more. Need to address these issues first specially since LeT already claimed they did it.

Also stop with the buttering nature from both the sides and take a freaking stance on all ties. Either you play or stop completely. If you stop, stop all sports and not just cricket.If India is not responding, stop and do not play in the world cup, if India keeps getting the heat and have army officers Martyred, stop the relationship completely and not just in cricket but everywhere.

Both countries should grow up and find a freaking solution and I see either CT2025 moving from Pakistan or India not participating which I am fine either way. People in both countries know very well what is wrong in their own countries, just stand up for the wrong
no point putting anything on it as something purely outside of cricketing context more in the political range which is eventually gonna be end up at nothing.
Does this apply here? @Bigby Wolf

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I get the dead-rubber nature. But, haven't we seen enough changes?

Furthermore, when the Coach and his Asisstant come out stating that they neevr intended to make changes, why are they making them now? Are our players so rest-deprived that they need to be rested? If one is in good knick, I'd rather continue playing them. By contrast, for meaningless IPL league games, the very same players will turn up day in and day out and never complain that their bodies need rest.

Rohit & Virat have been adequately rested in the lead up to the last game. All games we have played have been rain-affected. This too gives a bit of time to the players to recuperate. In the case of Bumrah, I am at a loss of words.
Post automatically merged:

That's my fear actually. They will perhaps use the same ploy during the World Cup too. In the past, we havent had these sweeping changes -Okay, the era of Ganguly and Dhoni's didnt see chop and change. Dravid- yes, he was known for it. In the recent past too, Shastri and Kohli played a settled line-up, with perhaps the exception of the dreaded Number 4.
Reality is, there's a lot more talent now, particularly in the seam department, so chopping and changing is possible.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's my fear actually. They will perhaps use the same ploy during the World Cup too
Don't worry. We aren't winning it anyway.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Okay, we made 5 changes! 5! Don't understand why Bumrah got swapped? Or is playing the likes of Bangladesh beneath him and his staure?

Disappointed that we didn't see Gill named as captain today. With 5 changes, they could have easily accommodated one more...

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Btw, am guessing that Iyer won't make it to the Final World Cup squad. Although the statement from the BCCI seems to say otherwise. If Shreyas cannot recuperate in Lanka, why not send him to Bangalore again? Not as if he is going to play the finals?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
F6Ck_29XAAAIS3l

the Real Asia Cup starts today

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Okay, we made 5 changes! 5! Don't understand why Bumrah got swapped? Or is playing the likes of Bangladesh beneath him and his staure?

Disappointed that we didn't see Gill named as captain today. With 5 changes, they could have easily accommodated one more...

You’re upset when Rohit is rested. You’re upset when he plays.

Make up your mind mate.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
F6Ck_29XAAAIS3l

the Real Asia Cup starts today
More teams the better! Lets make whatever tournament these teams are a part of as a qualifier for Asia Cup! Like the finalists of this one gets to take part in the present day Asia Cup and play with the senior teams. That would surely be an invaluable experience for someone representing these teams.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
More teams the better! Lets make whatever tournament these teams are a part of as a qualifier for Asia Cup! Like the finalists of this one gets to take part in the present day Asia Cup and play with the senior teams. That would surely be an invaluable experience for someone representing these teams.
Who's gonna tell him?

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda

Users who are viewing this thread