1st Ashes Test Match - Reduced Skills. Full Playtest.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
England v Australia
Sussex Oval

Day 1 Lunch
Australia 102/4

England outstanding with the new ball. Australia 6th wicket partnership counter attacks and rebuilds the innings.

England's session!!

Skills are as of Cooky's last post in the skills thread. Not all batsmen are the same.

Pitch is all set to random and I will check what the conditions are in a bit. But interestingly enough the perfect session

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
That's a great highlights reel. Now compare that to any other on Youtube of the AI batting and the difference is clear to see, that pull-shot @2.50 is sweet. looking forward to seeing the second session.

What do you have anticipation set at? Also those bowling speeds, Anderson bowling at 92mph and Wood over 98mph LOL!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Australia fight back, but England regain the initiative going into the Tea Break.

Day 1 Tea
Australia 217/6

[DOUBLEPOST=1437570698][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's a great highlights reel. Now compare that to any other on Youtube of the AI batting and the difference is clear to see, that pull-shot @2.50 is sweet. looking forward to seeing the second session.

What do you have anticipation set at? Also those bowling speeds, Anderson bowling at 92mph and Wood over 98mph LOL!

haha so far its been bang on!!

The speeds i'm treating as cosmetic as the extra pace i find induces the edges.

ntrav

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What a catch to get Voges!!:clap

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What value do you think accounts for all those edges? The low on/off side rating? And apologies if you've already posted this, but are you playing on Veteran?

Last edited:

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Wow!!!! Is this how good the game can be once it has been tweaked? Some gorgeous strokeplay.....and the bowling/catching isn't too shabby either. Please burst my bubble now by telling me you play the pc version.

Will be the same for consoles :)

What value do you think accounts for all those edges? The low on/off side rating? And apologies if you've already posted this, but are you playing on Veteran?

I think the reduced BF/FF plays a big part but it could well be a combination of more than just one attribute.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've just had an edge after 86 overs of a test match, I wonder if it's coincidence that it was one ball after I first had a shine of the ball :)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
England rip through Aussie top order before Voges (102) and Marsh (89) fight back, before Haddin (74) wrestles initiative away from England on a tricky Hove pitch.

Stumps Day 1
Australia 328/8

The edges really are lovely. Even the one that was dropped. Just a defensive prod!!

Westindies

Club Captain
Are you playing on legend mode?

guys the short in this video
at 2:35 is available in real cricket? i want this to be removed whats ur thoughts?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Aussies fall short of the 400 mark after Haddin (97) left high and dry after Hazlewood (55) frustrates England bowlers with a mixture of explosive and scrappy shots!!

Lunch Day 2
England 0/0
Australia 398

By far and away the best test match innings I have played. Have sat here and flown through it as it was so engrossing. Tail end didnt do much apart from Hazlewood. However that happens in real life as well. So im not worried about that. Makes it unpredictable. He could have been out caught on numerous occasions.[DOUBLEPOST=1437580078][/DOUBLEPOST]
@wealey88 what difficulty is this? Looks hugely promising

Pro mate.

I'm a little bit shocked to be honest with you. Its has everything.

I have given my batsmen 6 for all skills and i'm going to bat with that. I normally loose concentration but im going to play out the full match to get a good feel for things.

Time to burn. The joys of being a teacher ha!

The AI are even defending and scrambling quick singles.

I gave Hazlewood a bit of a send off as well! Massive joy when his pole went rolling!

Users who are viewing this thread