2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This is absolute farce situation. How even a party is not held responsible (BCCI in this case) for such a marquee event? This is ICC's event and they should have had deadlines one would think. Is ICC thinking Indian fans will make stadiums go full for all matches so we dont even want to let our foreign crowd have time to think and prepare an itinerary.

Cricket has completely lost it and it only points me that more and more things will move towards Franchise cricket if ICC does not do anything about international cricket soon.

I feel Indians first need to step up against BCCI once we lose the WTC finals and demand a complete overhaul from top to bottom, go burn effigies like before, go protest, do something (please do not physically harm anyone, protest in peace), stop attending matches. Hit where it matters to BCCI.

Once that is done, it will remove all the ego from the egoistic maniacs in team India and BCCI and finally something will be done!

Shame India is even hosting this event with management being like this.

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
India will be the first team to be eliminated lol :laughter:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Quite funny that the only match Pakistan is going to play in a state governed by BJP is at the Narendra Modi Stadium.
Ostracise a team, try to sabotage their hosting of the Asia Cup and Champions Trophy, but when there’s a money-making opportunity, all is well.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Ehh, what's with the venues? After the furore over leaving our Pune,they seem to have added it back in.
It's becoming highly difficult for Indians to plan, forget the visitors.

BCCI competing with WICB for the worst World Cup ever title it seems

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Quite funny that the only match Pakistan is going to play in a state governed by BJP is at the Narendra Modi Stadium.
Ostracise a team, try to sabotage their hosting of the Asia Cup and Champions Trophy, but when there’s a money-making opportunity, all is well.
Sssshhh... you'll incite the wrath of Bigby.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai and Bengaluru, two games each for us, plus the Ahmedabad one.
Any insights about the pitches at these venues? @Bevab

Didn’t watch a lot of the recent IPL so some of my takes may be outdated. The ICC will also be the ones curating the pitches so there may be a difference in the end.

Chennai - quite spin friendly but you can turn it into a batting friendly surface if needed. Somebody like Nawaz or Wasim could be really handy here. Dew is a big factor over here given how close the stadium is to the beach (it’s around a five minute walk in reality).

Hyderabad - had a reputation of being bowler friendly but I’m not so sure if it’s still true, the last ODI held here had a double century from Gill.

Bengaluru - need I say anything? :D A tiny ground where it’s easier to hit sixes than fours and generally tends to be a batting paradise. There was a brief period where it was quite sluggish which can be replicated again and I’ve seen teams collapse due to overconfidence here.

Kolkata - supposed to be the most pace friendly surface in India as shown by the success of Bengal in Ranji cricket with a pace dominant attack. This is another one you can turn into a more batting friendly surface but I expect the likes of Shaheen to bowl well here. As always, watch out for the dew though I don’t think it’s as prominent as in Chennai or Mumbai.

Ahmedabad - this one either tends to be a flat track/dead pitch or a dry, annoying to play on surface. Barring a few notable exceptions we’ve usually seen the latter in international cricket here and the former in the IPL.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Pakistan not boycotting the WC anymore?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan not boycotting the WC anymore?
Pakistan was never gonna boycott it, it was a negotiating tactic to get the hybrid model for the Asia Cup approved

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
No idea about the source, and I don't think it's true.
View attachment 279794
Doubt the BCCI would care, honestly, Jay Shah unilaterally announced at the start of 2023 that the Asia Cup would be played at a neutral venue. So i don't believe the delay is due to this reason.

Users who are viewing this thread