4th Match, Group C: Cape Cobras v Otago at Hyderabad (Decc)

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Puttick's going along quite nicely. Don't want to focus so much on getting Duminy out that you forget about the other guy who's batting.

Ari

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Haha Cumming thought he would be useful on this pitch?

nz0003

International Cricketer
Way too many full tosses from Otago, don't like their chances.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Way too many full tosses from Otago, don't like their chances.

Agreed :facepalm. Unless someone smashes a ton then, and as much as I'm rooting for Otago, a thrashing could very well be on the cards. However, anything could happen.

ajdude

International Coach
Beautiful knock by Puttick, classy, went well with Ontong's knock, ████. What was Bogle saying about the second ton by the Cobras in this tournament or something, with someone making 112, Duminy 99* and now Puttick? Maybe I wasn't listening well.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I wouldn't write Otago off yet. They made 200+ in six out of eight games last season, so they have the ability to rack up big scores.

Redmond
McCullum
Rutherford
Broom
McCullum
Mascharenhas

If any of them come off they'll be in with a chance.

irottev

School Cricketer
That bowling was an embarrassment. Bet they fold with the bat too. They need McCullum to play a knock like he did in IPL, otherwise no chance.

Pressure is on. I hope Otago can compete but I fear that they're a bit out of their league.

Last edited:

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
McCullum and Redmond need to get of to a steady but brisk start and set up a good platform for someone like Mascarenhas to blast the final few overs. Someone has to bat through the innings and keep momentum going.

nz0003

International Cricketer
I wonder what would of happened if these players had this intent against Australia. Ah well, hope Otago can muster up something pretty special here.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I wonder what would of happened if these players had this intent against Australia. Ah well, hope Otago can muster up something pretty special here.

This bowling attack is pop gun like if you compare it to the Aussie attack, plus the pitch is playing a lot better then it did in the CT final.

nz0003

International Cricketer
This bowling attack is pop gun like if you compare it to the Aussie attack, plus the pitch is playing a lot better then it did in the CT final.

Yeah, I'm not saying go at 10 an over. Just show some intent. Anyway that's over and it looks like this game might be as well, McCullum just got run out, after looking really good.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
'Sigh"

And just when I thought Rutherford was looking decent, safe to say this game is over. Typical McCullum though, can't do anything of note when the pressure is on, he'll probably hit a big score when Otago can't actually make the finals.

Users who are viewing this thread