5th Match, Group A: Deccan v Somerset at Hyderabad (Decc)

Deccan needed Symonds or Gilly to fire, their bowlers did well to get the game that close. Nice all round display by Thomas.

Wow, close game. Stryis did well that last over. Only defending 5 runs you have to say it was a good effort. It was in Sommerset's favor.

Good win for somerset and another lost for an IPL team. How manys South Africans play for Somerset, they almost have the same number of internationals as IPL teams (obviously those South Africans are on Koplak contracts).

Four: Thomas, de Bruyn, Willoughby and Kieswetter. Then add Langer and Banks to that and yes we are almost an international side.

the batsmen crossing on the last wicket did Deccan really.

sometimes I wonder about that rule, if that had been anything other than a skier I think they probably would have won. a no.11 wasn't going to cut away a four ball first up.

in retrospect though, maybe poor captaincy by gilly, he could have offered the single with 5 needed and 3 balls left.

O was hoping A Symonds, R Sharma (managed to ge 24 runs,but still he can do better), FH Edwards to really rock,but they all failed,even the captain Gilly failed....All the IPL teams have failed in their 1st match...

Good to see the IPL teams failing.

And hunt for bum players who are big names and not actual good players.

Good to see the IPL teams failing.

Mate, it was the last ball which made the difference...
If we compare the losses, DC one is most closer as it was the slight drizzle which made the conditions up for batting.
And I was seen on Television for 4 times..:p:p

Binnu added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

I'm worried for next years champions Trophy. Knowing Modi, he will make a rule that the game is not over until the IPL side wins.
Rofl....:rtfl:rtfl
It'd be better if he converts this even to IPL format. (Each one will face each other.) But one round is enough as it takes much time...:)

Users who are viewing this thread