Rahul Dravid (bat)
MS Dhoni*+ (bat)(wk)(cp)
Abhishek Nayar (bat)
Praveen Kumar (all)
Harbhajan Singh (bowl)
Amit Mishra (bowl)
Ishant Sharma (bowl)
Ashish Nehra (bowl)

That's a horrible line up. Your tail is way too long. I would call Kumar more of a bowling all rounder, and he doesn't have the temperament to play a long innings if a couple of wickets fall quickly. Pathan and Nayar can't be trusted upon to score runs consistently. So that really leaves only four batsman that can be relied on. You also have no Raina? He brings a lot to the table. Good batman, and can be an asset in the Batting Powerplay. His part time spin option adds depth into the attack. He gets through his overs quickly and isn't a bad option to have. His fielding is also outstanding and he alone saves about 20 runs a match. All these small things tend to go unnoticed but they count for a lot.

Also Kohli is a good batsman. He needs to come on at number three and he should be given the anchor role. He won't hit the ball out of the ground, but he has a good cricketing mind, and can rotate the strike on a consistent basis. He's a future star. The shot he played against Afridi wasn't needed, but it wasn't exactly a bad shot either. He's young and so he will learn.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
You also have no Raina? He brings a lot to the table. Good batman, and can be an asset in the Batting Powerplay. His part time spin option adds depth into the attack. He gets through his overs quickly and isn't a bad option to have. His fielding is also outstanding and he alone saves about 20 runs a match. All these small things tend to go unnoticed but they count for a lot.

Also Kohli is a good batsman. He needs to come on at number three and he should be given the anchor role. He won't hit the ball out of the ground, but he has a good cricketing mind, and can rotate the strike on a consistent basis. He's a future star. The shot he played against Afridi wasn't needed, but it wasn't exactly a bad shot either. He's young and so he will learn.
Completely agree with those.You typed my mind tbh.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Gautam Gambhir
Sachin Tendulkar
Rahul Dravid
Virat Kohli
MS Dhoni
Suresh Raina
Abhishek Nayar
Praveen Kumar
Harbhajan Singh
Amit Mishra
Ashish Nehra

Probably not enough quick's in that. Dhoni will find it tough to go through the 5th bowlers option, I reckon he'll be reluctant to use Nayar too. India are hinting at going with 5 bowlers (http://www.cricinfo.com/iccct2009/content/current/story/426943.htmlg) but with such a long tail and such a wobbly top order, I don't think that is a good move at all.

puneet28

Club Captain
That's a horrible line up. Your tail is way too long. I would call Kumar more of a bowling all rounder, and he doesn't have the temperament to play a long innings if a couple of wickets fall quickly. Pathan and Nayar can't be trusted upon to score runs consistently. So that really leaves only four batsman that can be relied on. You also have no Raina? He brings a lot to the table. Good batman, and can be an asset in the Batting Powerplay. His part time spin option adds depth into the attack. He gets through his overs quickly and isn't a bad option to have. His fielding is also outstanding and he alone saves about 20 runs a match. All these small things tend to go unnoticed but they count for a lot.

nice cricketing mind, buddy.

for me Nayar in place of Pathan and Praveen in place of RP. if can adjust Mishra for somebody

vickyrox

Club Captain
Gautham Gambhir
Sachin Tendulkar
Rahul Dravid
Virat Kohli
MS Dhoni*+
Suresh raina
Praveen Kumar
Harbhajan Singh
Amit Mishra
Ishant Sharma
Ashish Nehra

Dhoni said that they would play 5 bowlers
so with praveen kumar,harbhajan singh and mishra we bat till 9

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
With the top order the way it's going, I seriously doubt we're going to have any success whatsoever.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its almost certain that Amit Mishra is going to play (yes, thats a good decision which should have been made against Pakistan itself) and Praveen Kumar is said to be coming in for RP Singh (which is again a far better decision after seeing the way RP embarassed my faith in him).

But I fail to see why Dhoni is ignoring Abhishek Nayar so much. What grouse does he have against Nayar? When he plays Nayar, he doesnt bowl him. He doesnt pick him and give him chances. And soon, Nayar will be dropped with Yuvraj and/or Sehwag come back and he will be a forgotten entity. If you guys want a batting allrounder, you have to take chances with these kind of players or just STOP TALKING NONSENSE TO THE PRESS that "we need batting allrounders, etc".

Anyways, I am more optimistic tomorrow because our expected changes are good ones and could shore up our bowling resources. I hope we can bat first tomorrow and try to put up a big score. One positive for us is that many players in our team lift their game against Australia, especially one Mr. Sachin Tendulkar and the other being the 'Turbanator'. He must be fuming at his bad performance against Pakistan and I wont be surprised if the Indian fans hail him after tomorrow's game;)

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
With the top order the way it's going, I seriously doubt we're going to have any success whatsoever.

I`m going to get rid of the pessimism for this game. I trust this side to come up with something special tomorrow.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We played against Australia (in South Africa) in the year 2003.

Australia won the match by 9 wickets in Centurion ground.

So let's break this record and beat Oz in SA. ;)

chetan0304 added 2 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

EDIT that was the WC final :eek:

chetan0304 added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Team records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

The World Cup final was at the Wanderers, Johannesburg. The game you are referring to is the game that we played against Australia in the group stages (one where we were destroyed for 125 and Australia chased it with 9 wickets spare). Kaif's home in India was pelted with stones and Sachin also came out to the media to defend the team's performance and promised that they would bounce back. But this time, we win this game or WE'RE OUT!

Params7

International Cricketer
Kaif's home in India was pelted with stones

Damn some people back home have nothing better to do with their time. Kaif was awesome at times, and undoubtedly one of the greatest, if not the greatest fielder India has ever had.

Also...get ready for another blockbuster tomorrow. :D I feel it'll be a good game. Dhoni will definitely look to fixing India's bowling and if we can prevent the run outs in the batting side, look for some big innings boys :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
take white out and bring back clarke(if he's fit) main reason for keeping ferguson in over white is not only that i dont like white but because i havent seen white play spin to well....

Yea wouldn't complain with that, still like his big hitting but his last 2 games have shown a serious lack of technique against spin and if hes not batting at 5 or higher hes no use to us. Hopes proved handy in our last match when Watson was getting smashed and hes a handy hitter although when the pressure is on I'd be tempted to bat him below Lee.

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
Can't wait to see Lee and Johnson get schooled by Tendulkar, Gambhir, Raina and Dhoni. Gonna be a close but awesome match I wrecken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread