Academy Version 0.0.70 Discussion

FollowOn

Club Captain
Agree with this as well for fast bowling: love how the ball flies of the deck. I can imagine bowling being a real joy to play[DOUBLEPOST=1472806809][/DOUBLEPOST]I did notice that the positioning of an overlay feature is greyed out.....or am I doing something wrong?

Its great to see that you can also post beside being sarcastic :)

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Also, all but two of my created teams have disappeared.

They didn't have any players in them yet but I was using them to design kits and all those are now lost.

Munkeymomo

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know I sound like a broken record but trying to select any logo still immediately crashes my academy to desktop. Kit creator, bat creator or now tattoo creator...

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Shame there are already only 19 pairs to choose from for batting and fielding.....

Some people just really have no idea do they?
All that and more, yet not nearly enough!!

@Nishu28 Seriously dude, Can't you just for once say thanks and genuinely enjoy want @BigAnt are doing here, does it always have to be 'that's awesome, but I want... give me...'

If I were Ross, I would be so pissed I would make everyone wait til December. You're a bigger man than me Mr Symons!

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
after new update, i have lost all my custom team/uniform section as now its showing blank :(

Nishu28

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Some people just really have no idea do they?
All that and more, yet not nearly enough!!

@Nishu28 Seriously dude, Can't you just for once say thanks and genuinely enjoy want @BigAnt are doing here, does it always have to be 'that's awesome, but I want... give me...'

If I were Ross, I would be so pissed I would make everyone wait til December. You're a bigger man than me Mr Symons!
Dude all i was doing was just giving a suggestion
To accept it or not its upto BA
I dont think ive spoken anything wrong[DOUBLEPOST=1472822881][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just went on and lost all my custom teams :(

Also can we get some more glasses?
U shouldnt ask that dude

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Dude all i was doing was just giving a suggestion
To accept it or not its upto BA
I dont think ive spoken anything wrong[DOUBLEPOST=1472822881][/DOUBLEPOST]
U shouldnt ask that dude

actually, i very rarely go against @Dutch opinion-wise, especially when it comes to bashing the "i-wanters", but i think in this instance you have been a little unfairly jumped on since you did acknowledge the addition was superb and just said you hoped the other styles could be added in future... this is actually a pretty good way to make a request.

i think you can probably thank @aabretz and his ilk for making people have a hair trigger in this particular thread though, because if you look at his now obviously deleted vile post that Dutch quoted here and realise that was originally the first damn reply in this thread, you can see why people get fed up of "give us more more more" posts.

kamrul

Associate Captain
There is just nothing wrong with this update. Everything feels awesome. Super smooth gameplay. New hair texture is great. Broadcast cam is more static than before.
Highest bowling speed 161.8 kph i guess. I hope very few player will be able to bowl at that speed.
Spin bowling difficulty has decreased, that's a good thing. Didn't have any idea what i was doing wrong in the previous update. Still can anyone tell me what is the idea behind getting perfect spin in legend difficulty?
@BigAntStudios great job! It almost feels like a finished product. And it's been only early September.

gang_s

Club Cricketer
The updates so far are really nice and adding up to a lot of features. I have one very small nitpick though. Cover drives are going towards Mid Off/Long Off instead of Extra Cover. Is there a specific foot movement/shot combo for the normal Extra Cover Drive?

JimmysOutswing

County Cricketer
Managed to get a couple of hours playing today. (Should have been working, but hey). General feedback:

1. REALLY like the batting. I dug it on DBC14, but this just feels cracking. Hard to explain, but one of things that's always felt missing from cricket games - and it might be just in my head - is the 'weight' of the shot. As in feeling like you are a big guy swinging a wooden bat against a ball that could hurt you - it's often felt too light and easy. The only game I felt nailed it before was BL/SW99, but this has got it.

2. There still seems like some difference in pitching when bowling a wrong-un compared to the stock delivery, but it feels less pronounced than in the previous update. Having played around with this for a while, it looks like the difference in pitch has a lot to do with the revs on the ball - when bowling a leggie or a googly with no revs, they pitch in more or less the same place.

It could be that the revs and the drift will be the 'tell' when batting, which is quite cool. It seems a lot easier to over-compensate than in the previous update, too, so it's easier to land two deliveries in the same spot, even if they're turning in different directions.

3. The only thing I wonder about is the amount of swing - once you use the skilled bowlers, you have to REALLY compensate for how much the ball moves. I was trying to bowl a few Akram toe crushers, and the amount of swing had me aiming practically sideways! It definitely felt like quite a difference when playing outswing as a batsman, where the ball moved but not as much.

Also, just to add my entitled 'I want it' to the thread, it'd be awesome to be able to choose the pitch type (green, grassy, old, dusty) or the age of the ball (0-15 overs, 15-30, etc) in the nets at some point, though I understand if that's not possible!

Anyway, other than that this game is already bad-ass. Can't wait to give it a proper go in a match!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
The updates so far are really nice and adding up to a lot of features. I have one very small nitpick though. Cover drives are going towards Mid Off/Long Off instead of Extra Cover. Is there a specific foot movement/shot combo for the normal Extra Cover Drive?

Did you time your shots bit early by any chance? In DBC 14 the cover drives went straighter if you timed the shots early. I'm hoping in DBC 17 there's a real "360 degree" in that you can play the shot in every direction (throughout 360 degree arc), and that you can hit a perfectly timed cover drive in an arc ranging from widish mid off to point depending on the direction of the Right Stick. Don't want the shot direction to be limited to one specific direction, i.e. a perfectly timed cover drive going through extra cover every time.

Users who are viewing this thread